Site Accessibility Statement
Wilfrid Laurier University Leaf
February 12, 2016

Canadian Excellence

On and Off Campus Housing For Exchange Students

ON-CAMPUS: for exchange students only

We have a number of places available for Residence for Winter 2016 exchange students. Please submit your Residence Application to Residence - NOT to Laurier International.

To get more information before your arrival, contact the Department of Residence


Residential Services


Residential Services


If you decided not to live in a university residence, and look for inexpensive temporary accommodation while searching for a permanent residence, the Temporary Accommodations section may help.

Search the WLU off-campus housing website (particularly the sublet listings if you are only looking for 4 or 8 months) and online sites like Kijiji, Craigslist, PadMapper, UW Off-campus housing. Try finding housing by connecting with students on the International Golden Hawks facebook group. We would recommend that you do not sign a lease until you have viewed the accommodation in person.

Some helpful websites:

Places4Students -Brantford

Places4Students - Waterloo
University of Waterloo Off-Campus Housing
International Golden Hawks Facebook Group

Homestay Finder
Canada Homestay International
Homestay Booking

For more assistance you can:

  • Contact the Housing Department at (519) 884-0710 ext. 3236
  • Contact the Waterloo Cooperative Residence at (519)-884-3670
Another good option is to look for advertisements posted on campus, or walk around the city looking for signs indicating rooms for rent once you arrive in Canada.

Varieties of accommodations are available in Waterloo and Brantfordas well as thesurrounding communities. Your choice will depend on personal preference and the amount of money you wish to spend. Off-campus housing is privately controlled. The university can neither guarantee its quality nor reserve it on your behalf.