Guidance Counsellor Overview
Building Bridges to Success aims to provide academically qualified students with a post-secondary experience to enhance their confidence, study skills and career success.
This program reaches out to non-traditional students including aboriginal students, first generation students, students with crown ward status and newcomers to Canada who are also facing financial barriers to post-secondary participation.
- Students experience university culture as well as academic expectations
- Small class environment consists of only Building Bridges students
- Supplemental instructions helps develop academic skills that can help improve high school grades
- Courses run outside of regular school hours
- Free for all qualified students
How guidance counsellors can help:
- Identify students that fit the Building Bridges profile
- Encourage students to apply
- Write a brief letter of recommendation to support the students application (could also be completed by a classroom teacher)
- Provide copy of applicants credit summary or transcript
For more information, contact Lindsay Lawrence at email@example.com or 519-884-0710 ext 4499.
|2013||Building Bridges Application Instructions & Check List||Document|
|2013||Student Success 101 Application 2014||Document|
|2012||Guidance Counsellor Letter||Document|