Student Success 101
Student Success 101 helps students prepare for the academic transition to college or university!
Participants in the course will:
- discuss the difference between high school and post-secondary expectations
- learn about time management and effective study strategies
- participate in career exploration activities and develop an individal career plan
- learn about post-secondary financing options
- and experience Laurier's campus community!
Classes are activity based and taught by learning professionals. Students will not be required to complete homework assignments as most activities should be finished in the class.
Assignments will be graded and students who successfully complete the course requirements will receive a certificate of completion.
Students interested in Student Success 101 must complete the application form and meet the following admission criteria:
- 60% average in best 5 Grade 11 or 12 U, C or M courses
- English language learners must have completed Grade 10 English (applied or academic) before starting the course
- Students not registered with Pathways to Education in Kitchener must also submit a reference form from a guidance counsellor or high school teacher along with a copy of their report card or credit summary report.
Applications for the next class of Student Success 101 are available online.
Steps for Completing the Student Success 101 Application:
1. Download the Student Success 101 Self-Assessment and Reference Form (links below)
2. Complete the Self-Assessment and attach a letter outlining the reasons you are interested in participating
3. Have your teacher or guidance counsellor complete the reference form
4. Request a copy of your credit summary or report card (from your guidance office)
5. Submit all documents by December 13th - Deadline extended
Learning Services, Attn Lindsay Lawrence
Wilfrid Laurier University
75 University Avenue West
Waterloo ON N2L 3C5
Completed applications can also be faxed to: 519-884-9958, Attention: Lindsay Lawrence
|2013||Building Bridges Program Overview||Document|
|2013||Student Success 101 Application 2014||Document|
|2013||Student Success 101 Reference Form 2014||Document|