...to the Professional Chemistry Community
48. Invited to organize a symposium on Metals in the Environment at the 2017 Canadian Society for Chemistry meeting in Toronto, ON.
47. Invited to join the Scientific Committee for the 9th International Conference on Advanced Vibrational Spectroscopy (ICAVS), to be held in Victoria, BC (June 2017).
46. Invited research talk at Workshop on Modeling and Simulation for Experimental Research organized by Waterloo Institute for Nanotechnology (May 2016)
45. Invited research talk in the Physical Chemistry of Complex Environmental Interfaces symposium organized by Drs. Vicki Grassian (U Iowa) and Gilbert Nathanson (U Wisconsin) at 251st ACS meeting in San Diego, CA (March 2016)
44. Invited speaker in the Diversity and Equity symposium (Chem Ed Division) organized by Dr. Nola Etkin of UPEI at the 2016 Canadian Society for Chemistry meeting in Halifax.
43. Invited to co-chair a session on Advances in Environmental Chemistry and Engineering with professor Mita Ray (Western) at the 2016 Canadian Society for Chemistry meeting in Halifax.
42. Invited to co-chair a session on metals and nano metals with professor Parisa Ariya (McGill U.) at the 2016 Canadian Society for Chemistry meeting in Halifax.
41. Invited research talk in the Chemistry Department at University of Montreal (September 2015)
40. Invited to write a review article on the role of iron in the aging of atmospheric aerosols for RSC Advances, to be published in 2015. Here is the link.
39. Invited to co-organize a symposium on 'Current Topics in Environmental Chemistry and Environmental Analytical Chemistry' for the Environment Division at the 2015 Canadian Chemistry Conference and Exhibition, Ottawa, ON (June 2015)
38. Invited research talk in the Departments of Geosciences and Chemistry at Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA (April 2015)
37. Invited research talk in the award session of Professor Vicki Grassian at the American Chemical Society Regional meeting in Columbia, Missouri (November 2014)
36. Invited research talk in the Chemistry Department at Brock University (October 2014)
35. Invited research talk in the Chemistry Department at Syracuse University, NY (September 2014)
34. Invited research talk at AirUCI, University of California-Irvine, CA (June 2014)
33. Invited panelist at the 2nd annual Puget Sound Women Chemists Retreat in Vancouver, B.C. (May 30-June 1, 2014)
31. Invited research talk in the Chemistry Department at the University of Saskatchewan (January 30-31, 2014)
30. Invited research talk to the University of Waterloo Ecohydrology group led by professor Philippe Van Cappellen (December 5, 2013)
29. Invited research talk in the Chemistry Department at Queen's University (November 6-8, 2013)
28. Invited speaker on the topic of Women in Science to undergraduate students in the Department of Chemistry and Physics at the University of Arkansas-Jonesboro. The seminar is funded by the National Science Foundation for promoting the participation of minority students in STEM fields. The title of the talk is "Women in Science: Society has come along way, but more can be done" (October 2-4, 2013)
27. Invited research talk in the Chemistry Department at Arkansas State University (October 2-4, 2013)
26. Invited panelist in the Women in Science symposium at the 2013 International Conference on Applied Mathematics, Modeling and Computational Science (AMMCS-2013) at Laurier (August 2013)
25. Invited research talk in the Chemistry Department at the University of Waterloo (May 2013)
24. Invited research talk in the 'Nanomaterials: Environmental Perspectives' symposium at the 96th Canadian Chemistry Conference and Exhibition in Quebec City, QC (May 2013)
23. Invited research talk in the Chemistry Department at Wilfrid Laurier University (January 2013)
22. Invited as Panelist on the topic of presenting at conferences during the Graduate and Professional Student Symposium (GPS-S) at Wilfrid Laurier University (September 2012)
21. Invited research talk in the 'Fire and Ice: Atmospheric Chemistry from Biomass Burning to Ice Aerosols' organized by Professors Allan Bertram (University of British Columbia) and Hans Osthoff (University of Calgary) at the 95th Canadian Chemistry Conference and Exhibition in Calgary, AB (May 2012)
20. Invited research talk in the Chemistry Department at the University of Iowa (April 2012)
19. Invited research talk in the U.S. Salinity Laboratory, Riverside, CA (April 2012)
18. Invited research talk in the 'Atmospheric and Geochemical Interfaces' symposium organized by Professors Franz Geiger (Northwestern University) and Dennis Hore (University of Victoria) at the 243rd American Chemical Society meeting in San Diego, CA (March 2012). For details on the symposium, click here for the flyer.
17. Invited to co-organize an award symposium in Honor of Professor Vicki Grassian along with Drs. Paula Hudson, David Cwiertny, and Gonghu Li. Professor Grassian is the 2012 recipient of the ACS Award for Creative Advances in Environmental Science and Technology. The symposium will be held at the 243rd American Chemical Society meeting in San Diego, CA (March 2012)
16. Invited research talk to the Atmospheric Chemistry research groups in the Chemistry Department at the University of Toronto (St. George) (2011)
15. Invited research talk in the Chemistry Department at the University of Guelph (November 2010)
14. Invited as a Guest co-Editor (along with Drs. Gonghu Li, UNH-USA, J. Anthony Byrne-U. Ulster-UK, and Jennifer Schttlefield-U. Wisconsin Oshkosh) for a special issue on Nanotechnology for Sustainable Energy in the Journal of Nanotechnology to be published in 2011.
13. Invited research talk at the Centre for Atmospheric Chemistry at York University (September 2010)
12. Invited to submit an article to the special issue in the Journal of Molecular Structure, Theochem, devoted to theoretical investigations in atmospheric chemistry. Co-authors are Gregory Casey and Dr. Ian P. Hamilton (2010)
11. Invited as a Guest co-Editor (along with Dr. Donald Gamble of Saint Mary's University) for a special issue in Journal of Environmental Science and Health part A on the “Chemistry of Heterogeneous Systems in the Environment” to be published end of 2011
10. Invited to co-organize a symposium entitled “Heterogeneous Chemical Experiments and Models for the Environment” for the Environmental Chemistry Division at the 2010 Canadian Society of Chemistry Conference (CSC) in Toronto, ON (2009)
9. Invited to organize a symposium entitled “Application of Infrared Spectroscopy to Studying Environmental Interfaces” for the Division of Colloid and Surface Chemistry at the 244th American Chemistry Society National Meeting in Philadelphia
8. Invited research talk in the Department of Chemistry and Biology at the American University in Sharjah, United Arab Emirates (2008)
7. Invited research talk in the Chemistry Department at the United Arab Emirates University (2008)
6. Invited to co-organize a symposium in the atmospheric chemistry sciences session at the 2009 joint assembly of the Canadian Geophysical Union (CGU), Geological Association of Canada (GAU), the International Association of Hydrologists-Canadian National Chapter (IAH-CNC), Mineralogical Association Canada (MAC), and the American Geophysical Union (AGU) (2008)
5. Invited research talk in the Chemistry Department at the University of Toronto (2008)
4. Invited research contribution to the Annual Activity Report of the Canadian Light Source, SK entitled “Surface Speciation of Organoarsenicals on Iron (oxyhydr)oxides Using As-XANES” (2007)
3. Invited to host of a 1-day science session entitled “How Do Chemists “see” molecules, Especially those Contaminating Water Resources?” for high school students (group of 13) enrolled in the Shad Valley Program (2007)
2. Invited talk at the IDEA Laurier event organized by the Liaison Office through an oral talk entitled “Chemistry and Environmental Sustainability” (group of 45 grade 10 students) (2007)
1. Invited talk in the Department of Biological, Chemical, and Physical Sciences at the Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, Illinois., entitled Molecular Views on the Role of Metal Oxides as Environmental Interfaces (2004)