eProcurement Naming Contest - Official Rules
Laurier is bringing SciQuest eProcurement to campus. We need to choose a new Laurier specific name to reflect what this new program will bring to campus and we need your help. The solution will provide an online shopping experience with Laurier specific vendors and pricing, as well as full automated procure-to-pay functionality using an online workflow process. SciQuest will go live in January 2015.
An entered names should positively reflect the purpose of the new system and Laurier in general. It should be directly tied to the university in some manner to make it unique and distinct. The selected name will be the name of the system for many years to come, so be creative. †
The naming contest is open to all Laurier Faculty and Staff with the exception of the SciQuest Executive Sponsors, SciQuest Business Owners, Functional and Technical Team Members, Project Managers and Project Leads (Entrants).
Upon closing of the submission period, Laurierís eProcurement Executive Sponsors and Business Owners will choose three submissions that best suit the functionality and purpose of the eProcurement solution. The three finalists will be presented to members of Laurierís eProcurement focus group to be voted on. The highest scored submission will be vetted to ensure that it does not infringe on anyone's intellectual property.
The new name will be unveiled in the fall of 2014
Irrevocation of Rights
By submitting a name to this competition, the Entrant agree to irrevocably assign and transfer to Wilfrid Laurier University, all rights, title and interest of the name throughout the world, including and without limitation, all copyright, trademark or other intellectual property (IP) rights, and agree to execute any additional documents Laurier may deem necessary to evidence or give effect to such assignment. Laurier reserves the right to perform relevant IP and trademark searches to verify an entry is indeed free of third party rights. Any Entrant who breaches the IP rights of a third party or who tampers with the entry process will be eliminated.
Entrants shall declare to have made† a reasonable effort to ensure their entry is original, not already in use, has not been registered by a third party as a trademark and does not infringe on the rights of any third party, including trademark, copyright and related rights.
Right to Cancel Competition
Wilfrid Laurier University reserves the right to cancel this competition at any time and for any reason without notification. In the case of cancellation before closing, no submissions will be accessed on Bonfire.† If the University cancels the competition prior to selecting a winner, Laurier will not retain any rights to the submitted entries.How to Enter
- Entries must be submitted electronically through Laurierís Bonfire Portal
- The Submission Form should be used.†
- Submission deadline is June 27, 2014 at 4:30 p.m. Late entries will not be uploaded. Entries will be anonymous to the initial selection committee and the focus group judges to ensure the process is fair to all entrants. The Entrantís name on the form will be blacklined before being released to the evaluation committee to ensure confidentiality. The email used will not be seen by any evaluation member.
- Entrants may submit more than one entry, however, only one entry per submission will be accepted. An individual email submission is required per entry. If more than one entry is submitted on a single email submission, only the first entry on that submission will be accepted.
- If an entry is submitted by more than one Entrant, the first entry by date and time uploaded will be the one accepted.
- The winner Entrantís name will be made known to the committee after the selection has been made of the winning entry.
- If no acceptable entry are submitted as judged by the evaluation committee, the contest will be cancelled without penalties.
The winning Entrant will be awarded a Samsung Galaxy TabPRO 8.4" 16GB Android 4.4 Tablet with Snapdragon 800 Processor ó White. Acceptance of this prize constitutes permission for Laurier to make public the name of the Entrant and unlimited use of the entered eProcurement name for eternity.†
Second place and third place will be awarded a surprise pack of goods.
Laurier will not be held liable for lost or misdirected entries or uploading problems of any kind. The costs associated with an Entrantsí submission to this contest shall be borne solely by the Entrant.