Residence and Student Life Experience Option for Students Enrolled in Preparatory Courses
- Students enrolled in a preparatory program have the option to live in residence at either the Waterloo or Brantford campuses in early August. Students will have to provide their own bedding, towels, toiletries, and laundry supplies. Meals are not included.
Student Life Experience
- Students staying in residence can participate in a student life program that will provide evening activities that will prepare them for independent student living. Students will:
- learn roommate conflict resolution skills
- learn life skills such as budgeting and shopping for groceries
- participate in health and wellness activities
- explore and learn about the local community
- Waterloo Campus
- August 12th - 16th, $225
- Brantford Campus
- August 12th - 16th, $225
Frequently Asked Questions
- Students are provided with an apartment-style residence room. A specific residence building is not selected until final residence numbers are confirmed.
- Students may room with their friends with enough notice; however, we encourage students to room with other students to better prepare themselves for true residence living.
- Students have to provide their own bedding, towels, toiletries, and laundry supplies.
- Meals are not included within the package. Apartment-style residences do include kitchenettes and students may cook their own food. If students opt to purchase their meals we recommend budgeting approximately $35 per day depending on eating habits.
- Brantford Off-campus meal options: click here
- Waterloo On-campus meal options: Food Services, Veritas Cafe, Wilf's Restaurant
- Waterloo Off-campus meal options: click here
- Students will arrive the day before the start of the course. A specific time frame and location for arrivals will be communicated closer to the date. Students requiring special arrival dates and times should contact Michael Lisetto-Smith at 519.884.0710 x3640.
Accessibility, Registration, Withdrawal and Refund Policies
- Learning Services is committed to creating a welcoming environment for all students, including students with disabilities. If you have an accommodation request for any of our services, please contact Michael Lisetto-Smith at 519.884.0710 x3640.
- All accommodation applications must be received at least one week prior to your arrival date to ensure a space.
- Notice of residence withdrawal must be made in writing to the Office of Continuing Studies.
- No refund will be issued after the withdrawal deadline.
- No refund of any sort will be given if the university is closed for any reason during your program.
- by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- by telephone: 519.884.0710, x6036