Purpose of Campus Connections Day
Campus Connections Day is a bi-annual event is an opportunity for all Laurier faculty and staff to get together to network, share and receive university and campus updates, and participate in relevant educational or training opportunities. Upcoming Campus Connections Days will be held at the beginning of September and January each year.
The purpose and objectives of Campus Connections Day are:
- To provide an opportunity for staff and faculty working in all areas of the Brantford campus to network.
- New members of the Laurier community can meet existing members
- Existing members of the Laurier community can become reacquainted
- To share and receive university and campus updates.
- On the work and initiatives of campus departments
- From Laurier partners, such as Nipissing, Conestoga, and Mohawk
- On initiatives in the broader University that will impact the Brantford campus and initiatives at the Brantford campus that will impact the broader University
- Possibility of holding a President's Town Hall in conjunction with Campus Connections Day
- Possibility of holding a Brantford Forum on an important topic in conjunction with Campus Connections Day
- To provide opportunities for training relevant to a broad section of campus members. Orientation to new staff or faculty members
- Professional development for staff and/or faculty