For TAs/Graduate Students - page updated May 8, 2015
Many of these workshops contribute towards the requirements of the University Teaching Certificate.
Managing and Engaging in Difficult Discussions – 20 hours
- teach and manage a classroom discussion with greater confidence;
- participate in and observe the dynamics of classroom discussions with greater confidence;
- recognize the causes of conflict and engage more productively in conflict resolution.
TIME: 1:00 - 3:00 p.m.
LOCATION: To be announced
Communication in the Internationalized Classroom -- 14 hours
We all have different backgrounds, and our expectations surrounding communication are influenced by many factors in our backgrounds and life experiences. These expectations will influence how we perceive and engage in situations such as discussions, delivering/receiving feedback, and resolving disagreements. In this 14-hour workshop, participants will develop their abilities to examine interpersonal, academic, and professional situations from an intercultural perspective. BY participating in this workshop, you will be able to:
- identify your own expectations in communication;
- recognize dimensions in intercultural communication to improve communication, relationships, and work outcomes;
- and work more effectively with students, classmates, colleagues, and supervisors.