1. 2014, May 7. When the World is Your Classroom: Experiential learning, globalization and the changing focus of Canadian higher education. Integrated and Engaged Learning Conference, Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo ON (keynote address).
2. 2012, May 6. Multiculturalism, Diversity and Religion in Canada’s Military Forces. Faculty of Theology Section for the Study of Religion, Aarhus University, Aarhus, Denmark (invited lecture – cancelled due to family emergency).
3. 2011, November 9. Religion in the Ranks. Research and writing forum for graduate students in the Religion in North America program, University of Waterloo, Waterloo ON.
4. 2011, March 22. Taking the Right Approach in Global Exchange. St. Jerome’s Residence Group Trip to Peru, Waterloo ON.
5. 2010, September 28. Leadership, Learning and the University Experience: Making the Most of Your First Year. Academic Sessions, St. Jerome’s University, Waterloo ON.
6. 2010, May 31. The Presentation of Self: Making the Most of Sharing your Research. Professional Development Luncheon for Graduate Students CSSR, Montreal QC.
7. 2010, March 25. Cultural Hegemony, Religious Elitism, and Economic Authority: or How Not to do Development. St. Jerome’s Residence Group Trip to Peru, Waterloo ON.
8. 2010, February 4. Building Credibility in Global Exchange. St. Jerome’s Residence Group Trip to Peru, Waterloo ON.
9. 2009, March 24. La religion dans les forces canadiennes au 21e siècle : La situation unique au Québec. Département sciences religieuses, Université de Sudbury, Sudbury ON.
10. 2007, March 8. The Praxis of Reconciliation: Theology, Faith and Reality. The Klassen-Harvey Annual Lectureship in Bible and Culture 2007 Lecture. St. Paul’s University College, Waterloo ON (invited lecture).
11. 2007, May 4. Shattering the Mirror: Reconstruction and Women’s Work in Post-tsunami India. Community Supper Series, Conrad Grebel University College, Waterloo ON.
12. 2006, June 9. Currents in Spirituality in the Canadian Forces: Changes and Challenges for the Chaplaincy. Canadian Forces Annual Chaplains’ Retreat, Cornwall ON (keynote address).
13. 2006, March 17. Institutional Challenge: Religion in the Military. Lunchtime Lecture Series, Conrad Grebel University College, Waterloo ON (invited lecture).
14. 2005, October 25. New Times, New Ministry: Canadian Forces Chaplaincy. Canadian Forces Protestant Advisory Group Annual General Meeting, Ottawa ON (keynote address).
1. 2014, May 7-10 (accepted). Partnerships for Global Engagement and International Service Learning. Workshop presentation at the Integrated and Engaged Learning Conference, Waterloo ON
2. 2014, March 26-29 (accepted). Armored Faith: Religion in the Military. Panel presentation at the International Studies Association (ISA) Annual Convention, Toronto ON.
3. 2013, October 29. Social Engineering and Social Innovation: Church and State in Chile 1973-1983. Paper presentation at the International Conference on Religions and Social Innovations, St. Michael’s College in the University of Toronto, Toronto ON.
4. 2013, June 1. Learning That Makes a Difference: Pedagogy and Practice for Learning Abroad. Workshop presentation at the World Institute for Advanced Research and Science International Conference on Education and New Developments (WIARS-END2013), Lisbon Portugal.
5. 2013, June 2. Service Learning as a Middle Ground for International Development. Paper Presentation at the World Institute for Advanced Research and Science International Conference on Education and New Developments (WIARS-END2013), Lisbon Portugal.
6. 2012, October 24. Good Global Citizenship and Learning Abroad. Preconference workshop co-presented with Michel Desjardins at the International Society for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, Hamilton ON.
7. 2012, May 28. “Spiritual But Not Religious” Communities: A case study of pilgrims on the Camino de Santiago. Paper presentation at the Congress of the Humanities and Social Sciences, CSSR, Waterloo ON.
8. 2012, May 30. The Role of Religion in International Service Learning in Canadian Universities. Panel presentation on “When the World is your Classroom” at the Congress of the Humanities and Social Sciences, CASID, Waterloo ON.
9. 2011, June 1. Good Global Citizenship in International Experience Programs in Canada. Paper presentation at the Congress of the Humanities and Social Sciences, CASID, Fredericton NB.
10. 2011, May 31. Religion, Citizenship, and Public Policy in Canada. Round table with Lori Beaman, Paul Bramadat and David Seljak at the Congress of the Humanities and Social Sciences, CSSR, Fredericton NB.
11. 2010, December 10. Doing the “Right” Thing – Whatever That May Be: The Impact of Uncertain Values on the Conduct of War in the Canadian Forces. University of California, Berkeley. Sponsored by the Institute for International Studies and the Religion, Politics and Globalization Program. Co-sponsored by the Institute for the Study of Societal Issues (ISSI) and the Center for the Comparative Study of Right-Wing Movements.
12. 2010, June 1. 500 Miles of Participant Observation – Religious Tourism or Pilgrimage? Paper presented at the Congress of the Humanities and Social Sciences, CSSR, Montreal QC.
13. 2010, May 29. Frontiers of Development: The Contribution of Religious and Theological Studies to International Development. Canadian Association for Studies in International Development, CSSR, Montreal QC (invited respondent).
14. 2008, June 28. Canadian Military Operations in the 21st Century. Paper presented at the Congress of the Humanities and Social Sciences, CSSR, Victoria BC.
15. 2008, April 9. Religion, Multiculturalism and Public Policy in Canada. Metropolis Project Conference, Halifax NS.
16. 2007, May 15. Religion in the Ranks of the Canadian Forces. American Academy of Religion Eastern-International Region Annual Conference, University of Waterloo, Waterloo ON
17. 2007, March 3. Religious Diversity in Canada After God's Dominion: The End of Euro-Christian Canada. Metropolis Project Conference, Toronto ON (My paper was read by D. Seljak as I was unable to attend the conference due to severe illness)
18. 2006, April 27. The Canadian Forces Chaplaincy. Graduate Student Research Conference, University of Waterloo, Waterloo ON
19. 2006, March 24. Religion and Migration in Canadian Society. Metropolis Project Conference, Vancouver BC
20. 2005, April 21-23. The Chaplaincy in War and Peace: Managing Ethical Dilemmas of Conscience in Conflicting Professional Roles. Community Seminar Series at the Centre for Studies in Religion and Society, University of Victoria, Victoria BC (invited respondent).