Last five years
1. 2012, October. Good Global Citizenship and Learning Abroad. Preconference workshop co-presented with Michel Desjardins, Tom Buckley and Holly Thornton at the International Society for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, Hamilton ON.
2. 2012, May. “Spiritual But Not Religious” Communities: A case study of pilgrims on the Camino de Santiago. Paper presentation at the Congress of the Humanities and Social Sciences, CSSR, Waterloo ON.
3. 2012, May. The Role of Religion in International Service Learning in Canadian Universities. Panel presentation on “When the World is your Classroom” at the Congress of the Humanities and Social Sciences, CASID, Waterloo ON.
4. 2012, May. Multiculturalism, Diversity and Religion in Canada’s Military Forces. Presentation to Faculty of Theology Section for the Study of Religion, Aarhus University, Aarhus, Denmark (invited lecture – cancelled due to family emergency).
5. 2011, November. Religion in the Ranks. Presentation to graduate students in the Religion in North America program, University of Waterloo, Waterloo ON.
6. 2011, May. Good Global Citizenship in International Experience Programs in Canada. Paper presentation at the Congress of the Humanities and Social Sciences, CASID, Fredericton NB.
7. 2011, May. Religion, Citizenship, and Public Policy in Canada. Round table with Lori Beaman, Paul Bramadat and David Seljak at the Congress of the Humanities and Social Sciences, CSSR, Fredericton NB.
8. 2011, April. Taking the Wide View: An Interdisciplinary Approach to Research on Contemporary Issues. Wilfrid Laurier University, Brantford ON (invited lecture).
9. 2011, March. Taking the Right Approach in Global Exchange. St. Jerome’s Residence Group Trip to Peru, Waterloo ON (invited lecture).
10. 2010, December. Doing the “Right” Thing – Whatever That May Be: The Impact of Uncertain Values on the Conduct of War in the Canadian Forces. University of California, Berkeley. Sponsored by the Institute for International Studies and the Religion, Politics and Globalization Program. Co-sponsored by the Institute for the Study of Societal Issues (ISSI) and the Center for the Comparative Study of Right-Wing Movements.
11. 2010, September. Leadership, Learning and the University Experience: Making the Most of Your First Year. Academic Sessions, St. Jerome’s University, Waterloo ON (invited lecture).
12. 2010, June. 500 Miles of Participant Observation – Religious Tourism or Pilgrimage? Paper presented at the Congress of the Humanities and Social Sciences, CSSR, Montreal QC.
13. 2010, May. Frontiers of Development: The Contribution of Religious and Theological Studies to International Development. Canadian Association for Studies in International Development, CSSR, Montreal QC (invited respondent).
14. 2010, May. The Presentation of Self: Making the Most of Sharing your Research. Professional Development Luncheon for Graduate Students CSSR, Montreal QC (invited lecture).
15. 2010, March. Cultural Hegemony, Religious Elitism, and Economic Authority: or How Not to do Development. St. Jerome’s Residence Group Trip to Peru, Waterloo ON (invited lecture).
16. 2010, February. Building Credibility in Global Exchange. St. Jerome’s Residence Group Trip to Peru, Waterloo ON (invited lecture).
17. 2009, March. La religion dans les Forces Canadiennes au 21e siècle : La situation unique du Québec. département sciences religieuses, Université de Sudbury, Sudbury ON (invited lecture).
18. 2008, June. Canadian Military Operations in the 21st Century. Paper presented at the Canadian Society for the Study of Religion at the Congress of Humanities and Social Sciences, Vancouver BC
19. 2008, February. Religion, Multiculturalism and Public Policy in Canada. Metropolis Project Conference, Halifax NS
20. 2008, February. Diffuse religion – a Canadian Way of Viewing the World? Religion and Culture Department, Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo ON (invited lecture).