Note: Student co-authors are underlined
20. Quinton WL and Baltzer JL (accepted) The hydrology of a peat plateau with thawing permafrost. Journal of Hydrogeology.
19. Thomas SC and Baltzer JL (in review) Tropical Forests. Invited article for the Encyclopedia of Life Sciences (www.els.net/). MacMillan Reference Limited, London, U.K.
18. Watts D and Baltzer JL (in review) Land-use impacts on forest biodiversity partitioning within the Fundy Biosphere Reserve, New Brunswick. BMC Ecology.
17. Schurman JS and Baltzer JL (2012). Environmental correlates of tree species distributions vary among age classes in a northern temperate forest. Plant Ecology DOI 10.1007/s11258-012-0117-2.
16. Baltzer JL and Davies SJ (in press). The role of drought versus pest pressure in determining tree species distributions along a seasonality gradient. Ecology and Evolution.
15. Baltzer JL and Thomas SC (in revision). Quantifying shade tolerance in temperate tree saplings: underlying traits and the role of soil resources. Tree Physiology.
14.Manning, JL and Baltzer JL (2011) Impacts of black bear baiting on Acadian forest dynamics – an indirect edge effect? Forest Ecology and Management 262: 838-844
13. Baltzer, JL and Thomas, SC (2010) A second dimension to the leaf economics spectrum predicts edaphic habitat association in a tropical forest. PLoS ONE 5: e13163.
12. Baltzer JL, Grégoire DM, Noor SMN, Bunyavejchewin S and Davies SJ (2009). Coordination of foliar and wood anatomical traits contributes to tropical tree distributions along the Malay-Thai Peninsula. American Journal of Botany 96: 2214-2223.
11. Baltzer JL, Davies SJ, Bunyavejchewin, S and Noor, NSM (2008) The role of desiccation tolerance in determining tree species distributions along the Malay-Thai Peninsula. Functional Ecology 22: 221-231.
10. Baltzer JL and Thomas SC (2007) Determinants of whole-plant light requirements in Bornean rain forest trees. Journal of Ecology 95: 1205-1221.
9. Baltzer JL, Davies SJ, Kassim AR, Noor NSM and LaFrankie JV (2007) Geographic distributions in tropical trees: can geographic range predict performance and habitat association in co-occurring tree species? Journal of Biogeography 34: 1916-1926.
8. Baltzer JL and Thomas SC (2007) Physiological and morphological correlates of whole plant light compensation point in temperate deciduous tree seedlings. Oecologia 153: 209-223.
7. Baltzer JL, Thomas SC, Nilus R and Burslem DFRP (2005) Edaphic specialization in tropical rain forest trees: Physiological correlates and responses to reciprocal transplantation. Ecology 86: 3063-3077.
6. Baltzer JL and Thomas SC (2004) Leaf optical responses to resource availability in five temperate tree species. American Journal of Botany 92: 214–223.
5. VanderKloet SP, Baltzer JL, Appleby JH, Evans RC and Stewart DT (2004) A re-examination of the taxonomic boundaries of Symphysia (Ericaceae). Taxon 53: 91-98.
4. Baltzer JL, Reekie EG, Hewlin HL, Taylor PD and Boates JS (2002) Use of a stage structured matrix population model to examine the impact of flower harvesting on the salt marsh plant, Limonium carolinianum. Canadian Journal of Botany 80: 841-851.
3. Baltzer JL, Hewlin HL, Reekie EG, Taylor PD and Boates JS (2002) The impact of flower harvesting on seedling recruitment in Sea Lavender (Limonium carolinianum). Rhodora 104: 280-295.
2. Reekie EG, Budge SM and Baltzer JL (2002) The shape of the trade-off function between reproduction and future performance in plants. Canadian Journal of Botany 80: 140-150.
1. Thomas SC and Baltzer JL (2002) Tropical Forests. Invited article for the Encyclopedia of Life Sciences (http://www.els.net/). MacMillan Reference Limited, London, U.K.