Postdoctoral Fellowship Positions Available
This page is dedicated to the advertisement of postdoctoral fellow opportunities as may be announced from time to time at Laurier and elsewhere.
September 23, 2014
The Centre for Global Engineering/Department of Chemical Engineering and Applied Chemistry at the University of Toronto, is looking for two individuals with research experience broadly in the area of chemical process engineering. Experience in biomass conversion, wastewater treatment, or catalytic oxidation is of particular interest.
The successful candidates will have the opportunity to join an active team of researchers on an ambitious project to develop a household scale, off-grid, integrated human waste processing system. The candidates are expected to:
- Actively contribute to the design, development, and implementation of chemical and physical processes using rigorous methodologies
- Analyze data, interpret results, present recommendations and prepare reports
- Work within a multidisciplinary team to meet ambitious timelines.
- Communicate closely with Principal Investigator and all other team members to ensure the overall project progresses optimally
- Prepare scientific and public reports, and work closely with scientists, collaborators, reviewers and stakeholders
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong fundamentals in chemical and process engineering
- Demonstrated agility to learn and excel in related disciplines
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- The ability to meet deadlines
- A Ph.D. in a related engineering discipline within the last five years.
Interested candidates should send their curriculum vitae and the names of three references by e-mail to email@example.com assembled as single PDF files.
September 19, 2014
Postdoctoral Scholar in Cochlear Image Analysis
Auditory Biophysics Laboratory
Department of Medical Biophysics, Western University
The Auditory Biophysics Laboratory in the Department of Medical Biophysics at Western University in London, Canada invites applications for a postdoctoral scholar. We are seeking a motivated postdoctoral scholar with a PhD in Computer Science, Biomedical Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering or Medical Biophysics with significant experience in digital image processing and analysis, specifically in the design of algorithms for image registration and segmentation. Expertise in C/C++ is required, and experience with toolkits such as ITK or VTK or with 3D Slicer would be an asset. The goal of this research is to develop and evaluate software for segmenting the cochlea and for localizing cochlear implants from computed tomography images. The project is being undertaken in collaboration with an industrial partner. The initial appointment will be for one year, renewable based on performance. A competitive stipend will be paid commensurate with experience.
Please send a letter of interest, Curriculum Vitae, and the names of three references by email to Hanif Ladak, Ph.D. at firstname.lastname@example.org and to Sumit Agrawal, M.D. at Sumit.Agrawal@lhsc.on.ca with “Postdoctoral Scholar” in the subject line.