Diploma in Multifaith Spiritual Care and Counselling Application Instructions
For additional questions, please contact the Seminary Office
Address all communications to:
Waterloo Lutheran Seminary
Attn: Admissions Coordinator
75 University Avenue West,
Waterloo, ON, N2L 3C5
Phone: (519) 884-0710 ext. 3498
Fax: (519) 725-2434
The Diploma in Multifaith Spiritual Care and Counselling program can be applied to for any term (Fall, Winter or Spring term start). Applications will be processed when the appropriate application form, application fee and application materials have been received. Your completed dossier will be reviewed by the Academic Admissions Committee and you may be invited for a personal interview. The decision of the Committee will be shared with the applicant normally within three weeks of receipt of completed application. Courses can be registered for after an offer of admission is accepted. Application materials will not be returned.
1) Familiarize yourself with the program and admission requirements for the Diploma in Multifaith Spiritual Care and Counselling.
2) Complete the online application form from the Seminary website here.
3) Mail the application fee of $50 (cheque payable to Waterloo Lutheran Seminary).
4) Order original transcripts from all college and universities you have attended, included incomplete degrees and diplomas. Please contact each of your institutions and arrange for the transcripts to be sent to Waterloo Lutheran Seminary attn: Admissions Coordinator. If you attended Wilfrid Laurier University, you will not need to order that transcript. We cannot accept photocopied or unofficial transcripts, nor can we accept original transcripts in opened envelopes. Transcripts do not need to be ordered for WLS alumni applying for another degree as we will have your transcripts on file.
5) Arrange two letters of reference. The letters of reference shall give an appraisal of the applicant’s personality, scholastic competence and aptitude for theological studies. The letters can be mailed directly to Waterloo Lutheran Seminary attn: Admissions Coordinator or given to applicant to forward to WLS provided the letter is in a sealed envelope with a signature across the envelope seal. If you have attended university in the last five years, one of the references is required to be academic. If one or both of the persons named is closely related to you, please request one or two additional references as necessary.
6) TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) exam (if applicable): Applicants whose language of instruction for an undergraduate degree was other than English must furnish evidence of proficiency in English usage prior to admission. A minimum score of 550 on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or its equivalent is required. Please arrange to have the official results of TOEFL sent directly to the Seminary Office as soon as these are available.
7) Contact the WLS Admissions Coordinator at 519-884-0710 ext 3498 after you have submitted your application so we know to expect your application materials. Application Deadlines for the Diploma in Multifaith Spiritual Care and Counselling (part-time only): May 1, 2013 for Fall term 2013 admissions, September 1, 2013 for Winter term 2014 admissions and January 1, 2014 for Spring term 2014 admissions. All application materials must arrive to the Seminary Office by the deadline. International Applicants should apply an additional six months in advance of regular application deadlines.