Annual Teaching Day
Annual Teaching Day 2013 is scheduled for August 29, 2013
Each year Educational Development co-ordinates an Annual Teaching Day as part of its ongoing commitment to excellence in teaching and learning. The Laurier community (students, staff, faculty and post doctoral fellows) are invited to attend this one-day event.
Those who attend will have the opportunity to:
- meet and network with other faculty and teaching staff, academic administrators, and support staff
- discuss teaching issues and challenges with their peers, and identify strategies for success
- learn about resources in support of teaching and learning
- explore educational matters as they relate to Laurier
- reflect upon your classroom practices
Online registration and a program agenda are available each year at the beginning of July from the Educational Development website. Announcements of the event are posted on the faculty and staff listservs, with special invitations going to faculty and teaching staff new to Laurier.
Following this event, we encourage and invite you (the Laurier community) to:
- sign-up and attend Educational Development workshops offered by or promoted through our Office
- browse through and sign-out materials from our resource collection
- take advantage of our services (e.g., mid-semester feedback / peer consultation), resources (online/hardcopy) and grant programs
- meet with us directly for a one-on-one consultation
- visit our Educational Development website