Foundations for (New) Faculty
Foundations for New Faculty 2014 will be held on August 18 - 22, 2014
Registration for Foundations for Faculty is now closed.
Please contact Mary Neil if you have any questions about the program.
Registration will open in mid-July.
This event is designed to:
- orient you to various services and resources in support of teaching, learning and research at Laurier
- familiarize you with the culture at Laurier and the student body (21st century learners)
- promote discussion and reflection on teaching related matters and identify strategies for success
- provide a forum to network (social/professional) with faculty colleagues, administrators, and support staff from across campus
- introduce you to university expectations, policies and procedures as they relate to teaching, learning and research
- assist you in getting connected to the campus community
Hear what faculty say about this experience:
"This was a great orientation to the campus, and I found it extremely informative, helpful and reassuring." (2010)
"You are all very engaging and animated facilitators!" (2009)
"I met other new faculty who are becoming friends and a good support network." (2007)