There are several different ways to get involved in sustainability endeavors at WLU....
- An undergraduate group that works to raise awareness of environmental issues, its
ultimate goal being to encourage the development of environmentally
friendly living habits of students, and work towards limiting the
campusí ecological foot print. Contact email@example.com or check out their Facebook or Twitter pages for more info.
4. Sustainability Office Interns
- 1-2 part-time student positions within the Sustainability Office are
offered in the Fall for an 8 month term. Check the Sustainability Office FB
page, the Ecohawks blog, and other sustainability sites for postings. Examples of duties include:
- Outreach and awareness by linking with on and off campus groups
- Energy management
- Social media
- Event planning
- Assistance with the Sustainability Reps in Residence program
5. Residence Learning Communities: Geo-Enviro Studies RLC
- Created for Geog and ES students, the GES community provides students who are interested in out natural world with a chance to live and interact with like-minded peers.
Time commitment: Approximately 1-2 hours a week, depending on scheduling and events
- Coordinate with the Sustainability Office and student groups to improve awareness and initiatives surrounding sustainable food systems and waste procedures, such as proper recycling and composting. Example partnerships include:
- Laurier Farm Market
- Northdale community Garden
- Sustainability Reps
- Food Services
- Yearly events, i.e. O-week, educational events