Deadlines and fees for applying to graduate are:
Graduation fee (by deadline) - $22.70
Graduation fee (after deadline) - $80.65
These fees are processed by the Registrars office.
Deadline Dates for Applying:
Spring Convocation (for students completing requirements in the Fall or Winter semester)
January 15 (application fee applies)
January 16 to May 1 (application fee plus late fee apply)
After April 15 - NO applications are accepted
Please note: students in the Laurier Nipissing Concurrent Education Program must apply to graduate from both institutions.
Click here to apply to graduate.
Checklist before Convocation:
- Ensure that you have completed all GPA and program requirements, or contact your Academic Advisor to set up an appointment.
- If you have any outstanding fees on your account they must be paid at Service Laurier Brantford (Grand River Hall) or the Business Office located at 202 Regina Street (Waterloo Campus) before you are eligible to graduate.
- After you apply, check on LORIS to find out the status of your application and consult with your
academic advisor to verify your eligibility to graduate.
- Check dates for your Convocation Ceremony. Click here for a complete list of Laurier Brantford ceremony times.
- If needed, make accessibility arrangements for seating and parking by contacting Beth dela Rosa at 519.756.8228 ext. 5665 or email@example.com.
- Degree frames are available for purchase at Convocation. More information is provided through the Alumni Association.
Day of Convocation:
- Plan to arrive at least one hour in advance of the ceremony to pick up your gown and get in line for the procession.
- Pick up gowns and hoods upon your arrival to the Research & Academic Centre.
- Please make sure you have your Participation Card with you for the ceremony. If you happen to forget your Participation card, there will be duplicates at the Ceremony, but you will need to arrive early to obtain the duplicate card.
Giftware, grad rings, and Laurier clothing can be purchased through the Bookstore.
After Convocation Ceremony:
- Reception will be held the same day as your Convocation. Please check this page regularly for updates on time and location. Your yearbook and class composite will be available for pick up at the reception.
- Return rentals: gowns and hoods must be returned the same day as your convocation.