Frequently Asked Questions
For the Graduating Class:
1. How do I know if I am eligible to graduate?
- Ensure you have met all program, course and GPA requirements. Consult with your academic advisor as needed. After you apply continue to check LORIS to find out the status of your application.
2. Do I need tickets for my guests to attend Convocation?
- No, physical tickets are not issued for ceremonies. Each graduate is allotted 4 guests, additional guests may be requested by completed the online form. Seating is available on a first come first serve basis.
3. I am unclear as to what ceremony I should attend?
- Please review the Spring 2015 Brantford Ceremonies and check LORIS under Unofficial Record of Course Work or Official Grades
- Please contact Sarah Wong - email@example.com in the Registrar's Office for questions regarding your application, diploma/degree or status.
4. Am I able to get my diploma/degree before the ceremony?
- No, if you do not attend the ceremony, you may pick up your degree/diploma at the Registrar's office or make arrangements to have it mailed after the ceremony. For more information regarding collecting your degree after the ceremony please visit here.
5. How long is the ceremony?
- Each ceremony will vary slightly depending on the number of graduates, but the ceremony is approximately 90-150 minutes long
6. My guest requires accessible seating, is this available?
- Yes, please fill out the online form by clicking here. If you have further questions, please contact Beth Sanders for more information on accessible seating and accommodations at firstname.lastname@example.org or ext. 5665.
7. What should I do if I will not be attending the Convocation Ceremony?
- Fill out online the Convocation Non-Attendance Form.
If you have questions about the form please contact, Sarah Wong, 519-884-0710, ext 6355, email@example.com
8. When and where do I rent my Gown/hood for Convocation?
- Gowns and hoods will be available to rent in the Research & Acadmic Centre West Building.
- Undergraduate and Masters degree Candidates do not require pre-booking of graduation gowns and hoods. There will be a $25 rental fee required at the time of pick up.
- PhD and DMinn Candidates will need to pre-order their Academic Regalia through the Bookstore a minimum of 6 weeks prior to the ceremony
- We ask that you arrive an hour prior to the ceremony start time to allow time for the gown rental process. If you have further questions regarding gown rentals, please click here or contact the Laurier Bookstore at 519.884.0710 x3237.
9. As the graduate, do I need a ticket to attend convocation?
- No, students do not require a ticket to attend their ceremony.