Checklist before Convocation:
- To Graduate you must apply to graduate by the deadlines below:
August 1 (regular application fee)
August 2 - October 1 (late application fee)
After October 1 - NO applications are accepted
Please note that late fees will be applied to late submissions
January 15 (regular application fee)
January 16 - April 15 (late application fee)
After April 15 - NO applications are accepted
Deadlines and fees for applying to graduate are:
- Graduation fee (by deadline) - $22.70
- Graduation fee (after deadline) - $80.65
- These fees are processed by the Registrars office.
Click here to apply to graduate.
If you are unable to attend convocation please fill out the Convocation Non-Attendance form.
- Ensure that you have completed all course and GPA requirements.
- If you have any outstanding fees on your account they must be paid at the Business Office located at 202 Regina Street before you are eligible to graduate.
- After you apply check on LORIS to find out the status of your application and consult with your academic advisor to verify your eligibility to graduate under Degree Evaluation.
- Check dates for your Convocation Ceremony. For a complete list of ceremony times please click here.
- If needed, make accessibility arrangements for seating and parking by filling out the online form.
- Degree frames are available for purchase at Convocation. For more information click here.
- For Instructions on how to invite family members to Convocation from countries that require a visa to enter Canada please click here. If you are an international student and have guests from out of the country attending your Convocation Ceremony please email email@example.com and provide the following details: name of international student, ceremony time or program student is graduating from, country guests are flying in from, and the number of guests.
- You can now send a personalized invitation to a Faculty member/s who has inspired your University career to attend your Spring Convocation ceremonies by personalizing an evite. The evite will be posted closer to the ceremony dates.
Day of Convocation:
- Plan to arrive 1.5 hours in advance of the ceremony to rent gowns and hoods, pick up photo composites/yearbooks, and get in line for the procession. Also please make sure you have your participation card with you for the ceremony. If you happen to forget your participation card, there will be duplicates at the ceremony.
- If your name is difficult to pronounce, please spell it out phonetically on the front of your participation card beside your typed name.
- The procession line-up is just outside the main entrance to the ice surface. Gowns/hoods will be available for pick-up at the Hauser Haus located on the second floor of the Waterloo Memorial Recreation Complex. For further information regarding gown rentals, please click here or contact the Laurier Bookstore at 519-884-0710 x3237.
- The Marshal will give lining up instructions based on the number found on your participation card and leading the graduands through the ceremony details and procession.
- Parking will be available free of charge at the Waterloo Memorial Recreation Complex, but spaces are limited, so please carpool if possible.
- Do not bring personal items with you to the procession, leave with family members. While the ceremony is in session, please remain in your seats in respect to your fellow graduates.
- Giftware, grad rings, and Laurier clothing, can be purchased through the Bookstore. Rings will also be available for sale at Convocation. The bookstore will be set up for sales around the rink in the Waterloo Memorial Recreation Complex.
After Convocation Ceremony:
- Receptions will be held immediately after your ceremony unless otherwise noted. Reception details will be posted closer to the ceremony dates.
- Gowns and hoods must be returned same day as your convocation.
- Graduates and guests may park at the Laurier Stadium lot on Seagrams Drive. This lot will be free all day. Gold and white lots will be free to park in after 4:00pm. Find alternative parking here