Checklist before Convocation:
- Click here to apply to graduate.
To Graduate you must apply to graduate by the deadlines below:
August 1 (regular application fee)
August 2 - October 1 (late application fee)
After October 1 - NO applications are accepted
Deadlines and fees for applying to graduate are:
Graduation fee (by deadline) - $23.15
Graduation fee (after deadline) - $81.10
These fees are processed by the Registrars office.
- Ensure that you have completed all course and GPA requirements.
- If you have any outstanding fees on your account they must be paid before you are eligible to graduate.
- After you apply check on LORIS to find out the status of your application and consult with your academic advisor to verify your eligibility to graduate. (The status of your application will not change until all final grades have been received and assessed.)
- If you are unable to attend Convocation please fill out the Convocation Non-Attendance form.
- If needed, make accessibility arrangements for seating and parking by filling out the online form.
- Degree frames are available for purchase at Convocation. For more information click here.
- For Instructions on how to invite family members to Convocation from countries that require a visa to enter Canada please click here. If you are an international student and have guests from out of the country attending your Convocation Ceremony please email Julie Pong, firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the country guests are flying in from.
- You can now send a personalized invitation to a Faculty member/s who has
inspired your University career to attend your Fall
Convocation ceremonies by personalizing an evite. To send an evite click here.
**GUEST TICKETS ARE NOT REQUIRED FOR ANY CEREMONY**
Day of Convocation:
- Plan to arrive 1.5 hours in advance of the ceremony to pick up your participation card, rent gowns and hoods (make sure you have the rental fee with you), pick up complimentary photo composites/yearbooks, and get in line for the procession.
- IMPORTANT: Participation cards will NOT be mailed. An email will
be sent to those that have been cleared to graduate approximately two
weeks before the ceremony to confirm the degree, program granted and the
date and time of the ceremony. Participation cards will also NOT be available to those who have a hold on their account or who have not been cleared to graduate. Please confirm on LORIS
- If your name is difficult to pronounce, please spell it out phonetically on the card but only cross your name out with one line. Do not block it completely.
- Gowns/hoods will be available for pick-up in Hauser Haus (2nd floor of the Waterloo Memorial Recreation Complex). For further information regarding gown rentals, please click here or contact the Laurier Bookstore at 519-884-0710 x3237. The procession line-up is located in the hallway outside the ice rink.
- The Marshal will give lining up instructions based on the number found on your participation card and leading the graduands through the ceremony details and procession.
- Parking will be available free of charge for visitors during convocation but note it is limited at the Waterloo Memorial Recreation Complex. Carpooling is recommended.
Do not bring personal items with you to the procession, leave with family members. While the ceremony is in session, please remain in your seats in respect to your fellow graduates.
- Giftware, grad rings, and Laurier clothing, can be purchased through the Bookstore. Rings will also be available for sale at Convocation. The bookstore will be set up for sales on the track at the facility.
After Convocation Ceremony:
- Receptions will be held immediately after your ceremony unless otherwise noted. Reception details will be posted closer to the ceremony dates.
- Gowns and hoods must be returned same day as your Convocation.