Frequently Asked Questions
For the Graduating Class:
1 - How do I know if I am eligible to graduate?
- Ensure you have met all program, course and GPA requirements. Consult with your academic advisor as needed. After you apply continue to check LORIS to find out the status of your application.
2 - Do I need tickets for my guests to attend Convocation?
3 - I am unclear as to what ceremony I should attend?
- Please contact the following people at the Registrar's office:
For questions regarding your application, diploma/degree or status in the Faculty of Arts or Graduate Studies:
Khaleel Hosein - email@example.com
For questions regarding your application, diploma/degree or status in the Faculties of Music, Science, SBE, Education, and the Brantford Campus:
Sarah Wong - firstname.lastname@example.org
4 - Am I able to get my diploma/degree before the ceremony?
- No, if you do not attend the ceremony, you may pick up your degree/diploma at the Registrar's office or make arrangements to have it mailed.
5 - How long is the ceremony?
- Each ceremony will vary slightly depending on the number of graduates, but the ceremony is approximately 90-150 minutes long
6 - My guest requires accessible parking and seating, is this available?
- Yes, please fill out the online form by clicking here. If you have further questions, please contact Sondra Schwartz for more information on accessible parking and accessible seating requirements at email@example.com or ext. 3800.
7 - What should I do if I will not be attending the Convocation Ceremony?
- Fill out online the Convocation Non-Attendance Form.
If you have questions about the form please contact, Sarah Wong, 519-884-0710, ext 6355, firstname.lastname@example.org
8 - When and where do I rent my Gown/hood for Convocation?
- Gowns and hoods will be available to rent at the Waterloo Memorial Recreation Complex in the Hauser Haus room. The Gown Rental brochure will be posted several weeks prior to the ceremonies. If you have further questions regarding gown rentals, please click here or contact the Laurier Bookstore at 519.884.0710 x3237.