Frequently Asked Questions
For the Graduating Class:
1. How do I know if I am eligible to graduate?
- Ensure you have met all program, course and GPA requirements. Consult with your academic advisor as needed. After you apply continue to check LORIS to find out the status of your application.
2. Do I need tickets for my guests to attend Convocation?
- Tickets are not required for the Fall Convocation ceremonies. Seating will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
3. I am unclear as to what ceremony I should attend?
- Please review the Ceremony times and check LORIS under Unofficial Record of Course Work or Official Grades
- Please contact the following people at the Registrar's office:
For questions regarding your application, diploma/degree or status in the Faculty of Arts or Graduate Studies:
Khaleel Hosein - email@example.com
For questions regarding your application, diploma/degree or status in the Faculties of Music, Science, SBE, Education, Faculty of Human and Social Sciences, and Faculty of Liberal Arts
Sarah Wong - firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Am I able to get my diploma/degree before the ceremony?
- No, if you do not attend the ceremony, you may pick up your degree/diploma at the Registrar's office or make arrangements to have it mailed after the ceremony. For more information regarding collecting your degree after the ceremony please visit here.
5. How long is the ceremony?
- Each ceremony will vary slightly depending on the number of graduates, but the ceremony is approximately 90-150 minutes long
6. My guest requires accessible parking and seating, is this available?
- Yes, please fill out the online form by clicking here. If you have further questions, please contact Julie Pong for more information on accessible parking and accessible seating requirements at email@example.com or ext. 3586.
7. What should I do if I will not be attending the Convocation Ceremony?
- Fill out online the Convocation Non-Attendance Form.
If you have questions about the form please contact, Sarah Wong, 519-884-0710, ext 6355, firstname.lastname@example.org
8. When and where do I rent my Gown/hood for Convocation?
- Gowns and hoods will be available to rent in Hauser Haus located on the second floor of the Waterloo Memorial Recreation Complex the day of convocation. Undergraduate and Masters degree Candidates do not require pre-booking of graduation gowns and hoods. There will be a $25 rental fee required at the time of pick up.
- PhD and DMinn Candidates will need to pre-order their Academic Regalia through the Bookstore a minimum of 6 weeks prior to the ceremony
- We ask that you arrive an hour prior to the ceremony start time to allow time for the gown rental process. If you have further questions regarding gown rentals, please click here or contact the Laurier Bookstore at 519.884.0710 x3237.