Papers in Refereed Journals:
- Woolford, D.G., Dean, C.B., Martell, D.L., Cao, J. and Wotton, B.M. (2014). Lightning-caused Forest Fire Risk in Northwestern Ontario, Canada is Increasing and Associated with Anomalies in Fire-Weather. Environmetrics, 25, 406-416.
- Albert-Green, A., Braun, W.J., Martell, D.L. and Woolford, D.G. (2014). Visualization Tools for Assessing the Markov Property: Sojourn Times in the Ontario Fire Weather Index. Environmetrics, 25, 417-430.
- Drekic, S., Stanford, D.A., Woolford, D.G. and McAlister, V.C. (2014). A model for deceased-donor transplant queue waiting times. Queueing Systems. DOI:10.1007/s11134-014-9417-7
- Taylor, S.W., Woolford, D.G., Dean, C.B. and Martell, D.L. (2013). Wildfire prediction to inform fire management at multiple scales: statistical science challenges. Statistical Science, 28(4), 586-615.
- Savage, D.W., Woolford, D.G., Weaver, B. and Wood, D. (2013). Developing Emergency Department Physician Shift Schedules Optimized to Meet Patient Demand. To appear in the Canadian Journal of Emergency Medicine.
- Braun, W.J. and Woolford, D.G. (2012). Assessing a stochastic fire spread simulator. Journal of Environmental Informatics, 22(1), 1-12.
- Albert-Green, A., Dean, C.B., Martell, D.L., and Woolford, D.G. (2013). A Methodology for Investigating Trends in Changes in the Timing of the Fire Season with Applications to Lightning-Caused Forest Fires in Alberta and Ontario, Canada. Canadian Journal of Forest Research, 43(1): 39-45.
- Savage, D., Wotton, B.M., Martell, D.L., and Woolford, D.G. (2013). The impact of uncertainty concerning historical burned area estimates on forest management planning. Forest Science, 59(5), 578-588.
- Woolford, D.G., Bellhouse, D.R., Braun, W.J., Dean, C.B., Martell, D.L., and Sun, J. (2011). A spatio-temporal model for people-caused forest fire occurrence in the Romeo Malette forest. Journal of Environmental Statistics, 2: 1-26.
- Woolford, D.G., Cao, J., Dean, C.B. and Martell, D.L. (2010). Characterizing temporal changes in forest fire ignitions: looking for climate change signals in a region of the Canadian boreal forest. Environmetrics, 21, 789–800. DOI:10.1002/env.1067.
- Braun, W.J., Jones, B., Lee, J., Woolford, D.G., and Wotton, B.M. (2010). Forest Fire Risk Assessment: An Illustrative Example from Ontario, Canada. Journal of Probability and Statistics, 2010: Article ID 823018, 26 pages. DOI:10.1155/2010/823018.
- Vilar, L., Woolford, D.G., Martell, D.L. and Martin, M. (2010). A model for predicting human-caused wildfire occurrence in the region of Madrid, Spain. International Journal of Wildland Fire, 19, 325–337.
- Woolford, D.G., Braun, W.J., Dean, C.B. and Martell, D.L. (2009). Site-specific seasonal baselines for fire risk in Ontario. GEOMATICA, 63(4), 355–363.
- Zhou, L., Braun, W.J., Woolford, D.G., and Wotton, B.M. (2009). A simulation study of predicting flush date. Communications in Statistics - Simulation and Computation, 38(5), 1071–1082. DOI:10.1080/03610910902785738
- Woolford, D.G., Stanford, D.A., Kulperger, R.J., Boychuk, D., and Wotton, B.M. (2008). Erlangian approximations for the transient analysis of a fluid queue model for fire perimeter. INFOR, 47(4), 305–317.
- Ramaswami, V., Woolford, D.G., and Stanford, D.A. (2008). The erlangization method for Markovian fluid flows. Annals of Operations Research, 160, 215–225.
- Woolford, D.G. and Braun, W.J. (2007). Convergent data sharpening for the identification and tracking of spatial-temporal centers of lightning activity. Environmetrics, 18, 461–479.
- Stanford, D.A., Latouche, G., Woolford, D.G., Boychuk, D., and Hunchak, A. (2005). Erlangized fluid queues with application to uncontrolled fire perimeter. Stochastic Models, 21, 631–642.
- Drekic, S. and Woolford, D.G. (2005). A preemptive priority queue with balking. European Journal of Operational Research, 164, 387–401.
Refereed Book Chapters:
- Dean, C.B., Braun, W.J., Martell, D.L., and Woolford, D.G. (2012). Interdisciplinary Training in a Collaborative Research Environment. Chrisman and Wachowicz (Eds.), The Added Value of Scientific Networking: Perspectives from the GEOIDE Network Members 1998-2012. GEOIDE Network, Quebec, Canada.
Papers Submitted to Peer-Reviewed Journals:
- Morin, A.A., Albert-Green, A., Woolford, D.G. and Martell, D.L. (2014). An overview of survival analysis with applications to lightning and people-caused forest fires in Ontario, Canada. Submitted.
- Weatherby, C., Kotsopoulos, D., Woolford, D.G. and Khattak, L. (2014). A cross-sectional analysis of post-secondary mathematics education practices at Canadian universities. Submitted.
- Woolford, D.G. and McLeod, A.I. 2011. One-Sample t-Test and Confidence Interval with Dot Chart in Small Samples. (Editorially Reviewed and Published on The Wolfram Demonstrations Project: http://demonstrations.wolfram.com/OneSample TTestAndConfidenceIntervalWithDotChartInSmallSample)
- Woolford, D.G. and Braun, W.J. 2008. CHsharp: an R package for Choi and Hall clustering in 3D. (Uploaded to CRAN – The Comprehensive R Archive Network; http://cran.r-project.org/mirrors.html.)
Students' names are underlined.