Site Accessibility Statement
Wilfrid Laurier University Centre for Student Success
April 19, 2015

Canadian Excellence

Into the Music Faculty

For students who have studied music at another university.

Placement test

  • Individual placement tests will be conducted during Orientation Week to assess transfer credit for Music. Assessment of non-Music transfer credit is done by Laurier's Admissions Office on an individual basis, upon receipt of all official final transcripts from post secondary institutions previously attended. You will receive notification by mail of what transfer credit has been awarded.

Registering in courses

  1. You may, however, register in your elective courses. To proceed, you must meet with the undergraduate program advisor for music, Janice Dobbin,, who will provide information on courses required for your honours subject and override the registration system to facilitate course selection.
  2. You will now be able to register in your elective courses using LORIS. Consult the Online LORIS Online Registration guide for returning students for information about the registration process.

Getting your student ID card

  • Once you have registered in a course, you will be able to sign up for your student identification card, the OneCard.

Ordering textbooks

Registering with the library

  • Before you can take books out of the Laurier Library, you must register the bar code on your OneCard with the library. You can register your OneCard in person at the circulation desk on 2nd floor of the Waterloo campus library or at the Brantford Public Library. You can also register online by completing the self-registration form.