|For students who have studied in the arts at another university.
Registering in courses
- Assessment of transfer credit is done by Laurierís Admissions Office on an individual basis upon receipt of official transcripts and course descriptions. Transfer credit is assessed on an ongoing basis and in some cases is not complete until late August or early September. You will receive notification by mail of what transfer credit has been awarded.
- Even though you shouldn't register in courses where you may be receiving transfer credit, you may still select your electives and some required courses. You must consult with the academic advisor in the program into which you have been admitted to proceed with registration. If you planned to have two honours subjects, contact the advisors for both programs.
- The advisor will provide information on courses required for your honours subject and override the registration system to facilitate course selection.
- You will now be able to register in your elective courses using LORIS. Consult the LORIS Online Registration guide for returning students about the registration process.
- After you receive notification of your transfer credit, you may need to consult again with your program advisor to finalize your course selection.
Getting your student identification card
- Once you have registered in a course, you will be able to sign up for your student identification card, the OneCard.
Registering with the library
- Before you can take books out of the Laurier Library, you must register the bar code on your OneCard with the library. You can register your OneCard in person at the circulation desk on 2nd floor of the Waterloo campus library or at the Brantford Public Library. You can also register online by completing the self-registration form.