Faculty members wishing to invite a visiting professor to the University need to supply the following to the Dean's office.
- Visiting Professor's CV
- Letter of Support from the Chair of the Department. The letter should include the following details:
- Name of the visiting professor
- Faculty member who is hosting the visit
- Start & end date of the visit
- Description of the project/collaboration
- Means of financial support: research funds, space & facilities supplied by the Department
The Dean will issue a letter of invitation to the visiting professor that includes details about work permits, medical insurance coverage from the University Health Insurance Plan (UHIP), and other information.
Copies of the invitation letter will be sent to:
- Faculty member who is hosting the visiting professor
- Chair of the Department
- Administrative Assistant of the Department
- Faculty Relations
- Special Constable Service