Headlines (Campus Updates)
Health Sciences Program
Experts at Laurier: Making headlines
Communications, Public Affairs & Marketing
Laurier’s new-and-improved Experts at Laurier website will help to make the connection.
The Experts at Laurier site provides the media with an easy to use, up-to-date list of Laurier researchers and their specific areas of expertise, searchable by topic, name or faculty. Reporters will also be able to view rotating profiles and photos of featured experts, as well as a list of experts available to comment on topics that are currently in the news.
“We’ve designed Experts at Laurier as an effective resource that allows reporters to find the specific expert they need and connect with them directly,” says Kevin Crowley, associate director: news and editorial services. “The new design enables faculty to update their own information, which will keep the experts database as current as possible.”
- Faculty members can update and maintain their experts listing through their Laurier web page.
- When faculty members are quoted in the media, they can post a link to the article through the new “In the News” section.
- An enhanced search function makes it easy for journalists to find experts by keyword, name or department, and provides links to other faculty members with related expertise.
- The site will display “Featured Experts” on a rotating basis, and link reporters to faculty members with expertise in “Hot Topics” that are currently in the news, enhancing Laurier’s ability to promote its research and expertise.
- Faculty can upload a press photo of themselves, which will ensure they are included in the featured experts rotation.
To have the site ready for use in the fall, Public Affairs is asking faculty to update their profiles by August 24. Public Affairs would like to make the process as easy as possible – if you require any assistance, please contact Lori Chalmers Morrison at email@example.com or ext. 3067.