Staff Development Day: Save the Date & Call for Proposals
Human Resources is pleased to announce the 3rd annual Staff Development Day, scheduled for Thursday, May 16, 2013
on the Waterloo campus. Participants from Brantford will be offered
transportation to and from the event. Be sure to note the date!
Plans for this day include an engaging keynote speaker, BBQ lunch, panel discussion and break-out sessions featuring content created and presented by your fellow colleagues.
We’re looking for your creative ideas and expertise to enrich our programming for the day. This year our theme is “Inspiring Potential.”
We invite proposals that support our institutional proposition of “Inspiring Lives of Leadership and Purpose” and support one or more of the five Employee Success Factors
Proposals should feature the following:
- Educational session(s) running a maximum of 75 minutes in length, which incorporates time for questions.
- Content should include discussion, activities, and engagement on a specific topic.
- Sessions may be led by a single presenter or in teams. Presenters should be prepared to deliver their workshop up to 2 times during that day.
We strongly encourage proposals that include content that has the potential to appeal to a broad number of staff at all levels of the organization.
Got an idea you’d like to submit?
Download and complete the Proposal Submission Form. Be sure to fill out all fields!
How do you submit your proposal?
- Email your proposal as an attachment to Dorota Rams Skazinski (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Name your file by your last name and the session title e.g., Smith_Utilizing-Social-Networking-For-Work.doc
- Give your email the subject heading: "Call for Proposals: 2013 WLU Staff Development Day.”
The deadline for submissions of proposals is Friday, March 22nd, 2013.
You will receive reviewers' feedback and be invited to consider this feedback before submitting the final version of your session description by March 30th, 2012. Final session information will be available on the website when registration launches in April.
We look forward to celebrating this day with you and receiving your submission!
Jennifer Porritt (x2254)
Chair, 2013 Staff Development Day