Human Rights & Human Diversity
Call for Applications to Participate in Special Laurier-Ghana Chilren's Rights Class
As part of its CIDA-funded Students for Development project, the Human Rights & Human Diversity program is offering a special section of HR320/CO320 Children’s Rights in the Fall 2012 semester.
· The course will be include students from Laurier Brantford and Ashesi University in Ghana via videoconferencing technology. Dr. Robert Ame will co-teach the course with Dr. Nana Apt of Ashesi.
· Students from Laurier and Ashesi will collaborate on some class assignments.
· This is an innovative experience to internationalize your education without leaving Brantford.
· The class in Brantford will be limited to 15 students. Some of the slots will be reserved for students selected as SFD interns/back-ups for the summer of 2013, the rest will be allocated through this competition.
· Students must have the normal prerequisite for HR320/CO320 at the time of application (i.e., CT260/HR260) or commit to taking it during Intersession 2012.
· Please write an application letter (up to a one-page double-spaced) explaining why you wish to participate in this opportunity. Reasons you might wish to discuss include how it fits with your educational or career goals or anything special you think you might bring to the class.
· Please also indicate that you permit the selection committee to consult your academic record to determine your GPA.
· Please email your letter as an attachment to Dr. Robinson at email@example.com no later than April 5th 2012.
· The results of the competition will be communicated to applicants no later than April 30th and likely sooner.