Safety, Health, Environment & Risk Management
Waterloo Fire Rescue is asking homeowners to clear any snow accumulation from fire hydrants
(Waterloo, ON – Feb. 4, 2014) Waterloo Fire Rescue firefighters responded earlier this morning to a house fire which started in a laundry room ceiling fan on Birchleaf Walk.
A fire inside the laundry room ceiling fan was reported at 5:19 a.m. Upon arrival, firefighters observed light smoke in the house. A small fire broke through to the attic above the laundry room.
Firefighters did have a challenge at this fire due to the fact that they could not easily access the nearest fire hydrant.