Staff Development Day
Staff Development Day - Call for Proposals & Save the Date!
Wilfrid Laurier University's Human Resources department is pleased to announce the 4th annual Staff Development Day, scheduled for Wednesday, June 25, 2014 on the Waterloo campus – be sure to save the date! Participants from the Brantford campus will be offered transportation to and from the event.
Plans for the day include an engaging keynote presentation by Dr. David Posen, a BBQ lunch and breakout sessions featuring content created and presented by colleagues, Laurier alumni and wellness experts.
This year's theme is "Inspiring You: Wellness@Work." The aim is to educate and inform with practical strategies that staff can employ to manage their effectiveness, health and well-being in the workplace.
Human Resources is looking for creative ideas and expertise to enrich the day's programming.
Got an Idea? Proposals should feature the following:
- An educational session running 75 minutes or 150 minutes in length that incorporates time for questions.
- Content that includes discussions, activities and engagement on a specific topic.
- Sessions may be led by a single presenter or in teams. Presenters should be prepared to deliver their workshop up to two times during the day.
We strongly encourage proposals that have the potential to appeal to a broad number of staff at all levels of the organization.
Submit your idea:
- Download and complete the Proposal Submission Form – be sure to fill out all fields.
- Save the file using the following format: Lastname_SessionTitle.doc.
- Email the proposal as an attachment to Samantha Cook (firstname.lastname@example.org) in Human Resources.
- Make the subject of the email "Call for Proposals: 2014 WLU Staff Development Day."
Proposals must be submitted by 4:30 p.m. on April 17, 2014.
Following your submission, you will receive feedback and be invited to consider the feedback before submitting the final version of your session description. Final session information will be available on the website when registration launches in May.
We look forward to celebrating this day with you and receiving your submission!
Jennifer Porritt and Samantha Cook
Staff Development Day Planning Committee