Migration to Microsoft/Outlook: important next steps
Communications, Public Affairs & Marketing
Laurier’s Information Technology Services (ITS) is preparing Laurier faculty and staff computers to migrate to the Microsoft suite of solutions (including network drives, print and email and moving to Outlook/Exchange email from GroupWise).
To facilitate the upgrades and copy GroupWise email archives, ITS is asking Laurier faculty and staff to:
- May 13 - May 23: Leave computers on when leaving for the evening. Note that users do not need to be logged in.
- On Friday, May 23: shut down computers before leaving for the day.
- On May 20 or May 21, from noon - 1 p.m. (Waterloo campus): Bring laptops that are never connected to a wired connection (wall outlet or docking station) or any MAC laptops to R270, 202 Regina for a technical specialist to make configuration changes. Contact the Service Desk if alternate arrangements are necessary.
- On May 22 or May 23, from noon - 1 p.m. (Brantford campus): Bring laptops that are never connected to a wired connection (wall outlet or docking station) or any MAC laptops to RCW202 for a technical specialist to make configuration changes.
- Review additional information and frequently asked questions here.
The changeover to the Microsoft Outlook email client will be completed remotely on May 31. More details will follow.
Outlook training is available on https://mylearningspace.wlu.ca/. Click on "self registration," and in the list of course offerings, click on “Microsoft Outlook.” For additional questions, please contact the Service Desk at ext. 4357 or firstname.lastname@example.org.