Dr. Lamine Diallo
Associate Professor; Leadership Program; Program Coordinator; Founding member of Tshepo: Institute for the Study of Contemporary Africa
Contact InformationEmail: email@example.com
Phone: 519.756.8228 ext.5723
Other Phone: 519.635.9229
Office Location: SC Johson - SCJ 305
- Ph.D., Sociology, Université du Québec à Montréal.
- M.A., Masters in Management and Development of Co-operatives, University of Sherbrooke (Quebec).
- B.A. Law, Major in International Relations, Université de Reims, Reims (France).
- Certificate, Race Relations, National Coalition Building Institute, Washington, D.C.
My research interests include the role and impact of governance and leadership in the African continent. Recent research include emerging leadership academic programs with a focus on curricular design.
· Shizha, E. & Diallo, L., (Eds), Africa in the Age of Globalisation: Perceptions, Misperceptions and Realities, Ashgate (England), 2015.
Chapters in Books/Journals:
· Shizha, E. and Diallo, L., Introduction, in Africa in the Age of Globalisation, Shizha, E and Diallo, L. (eds), Ashgate (England), 2015, pp. 1-13
· Diallo, L., Democracy and Governance in Africa: Lessons from Senegal, in in Africa in the Age of Globalisation, Shizha, E and Diallo, L. (eds), Ashgate (England), 2015, pp. 49-64
· Diallo, L., and Lafreniere, G., An Exploration of the Inextricable Link between Leadership and Governance in Sub-Saharan Africa: Conceptual and Historical Perspectives, in Edward Shizha and Ali A. Abdi, Routledge, Taylor and Francis, Rewriting Development Discourses: Critical Propositions (New York), 2013
· Gerhardt, K. and L. Diallo, Exploration of Leadership Undergraduate Curricula: A Practical and Critical Review International Journal of Leadership in Education, 2012
· McLaren, P., McGowan, R., Gerhardt, K., Diallo, L., and Saeed, A., Business without the Math: Competing Discourses and the Struggle to Develop an Undergraduate Leadership Program Journal of Leadership Educators, 2012)
· Diallo, L., and Izarali, R., Why Canada Needs a Focused Policy Towards Africa in the 21st Century, Africa Review. 2(2), 2010
· Lafreniere, G., and Diallo, L., In the Interest of Working with Survivors of War, Torture and Organized Violence: Lessons from a University/Community Research Collaboration in South-Western Ontario, Canadian Issues: Immigrant Mental Health. 2010
· Diallo, L. et Lafreniere, G., Comment intervenir auprès des survivants de guerre, torture et violence organisée: compte-rendu dun projet de recherche entre lUniversité Wilfrid Laurier et le Centre de santé communautaire de Hamilton et Niagara, Reflets, Revue Ontaroise dintervention Sociale. 2007
· Lafreniere, G, Diallo, L, and Dubie, D., Building Alliances Between Community and the Academy, in K. Leeno (ed) Engaging Equity: Perspectives on Anti-Racist Education (Calgary: Detselig Publishers, 2005) pp 163-179
· Bélanger, J. M. and Diallo, L., Empowering Communities: Community Administration of a Government Project in Delaney, Roger, Keith Browlee and Margaret Sellick (Editors), Social Work With Rural and Northern Communities (Centre for Northern Studies, Lakehead University, 1999) pp 81-104
Additional InformationFounding member: Tshepo Institute for the Study of Contemporary Africa