Dr. Monica Stellin
Associate Professor, Italian Minor Coordinator, Laurier Brantford Languages Coordinator
Contact InformationEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: (519) 884-0710 ext.2400
Office Location: BA408 Bricker Academic Building
Office Hours: By appointment
- Ph.D. Italian Studies, University of Toronto
- M.A., University of Toronto, Department of Italian Studies
- Laurea in Lingue e Letterature Straniere [Baccalaureate in English and German Languages and Literatures], Universitŕ degli Studi di Udine, Italy, (summa cum laude)
- Adjunct Associate Professor, St. Jerome’s University, University of Waterloo
- Research Fellow, Frank Iacobucci Centre for Italian Canadian Studies, University of Toronto.
Bridging the Ocean: Italian Literature of Migration to Canada, Forum [U P, Italy], 2005.
Il mosaico dinamico: Il multiculturalismo in Canada, Forum [U P, Italy], 1999.
From Sea To Sea: An Illustrated History of the Fogolârs Federation of Canada, Fogolârs Federation of Canada, 1999.
Book Edited as Special Issue of Referred Journal:
The Virtual Piazza: The Representation of Italian Culture in the Media, Special Issue of Italian Canadiana, vol. 19, 2005.
Recent Articles and Chapters in Books:
- ‘La presenza culturale friulana e veneto-giuliana in Canada’, Itineranze e Transcodificazioni: Scrittori Migranti dal Friuli Venezia Giulia al Canada, Alessandra Ferraro e Anna Pia De Luca eds., with an introduction by Joseph Pivato. Udine, Forum [U P, Italy], 2008. 35-49.
- ‘On the Multi-Textuality and Marketing of “Italianicity” in the Global Media’, in Shaping History: L’identitŕ italocanadese nel Canada anglofono, eds. Anna Pia De Luca and Alessandra Ferraro, Forum [U P, Italy], 2005. 145-53.
- ‘From Paese to Virtual Piazza: On Italian Culture and Media in Canada’, The Virtual Piazza, 2005. 41-55.
‘Between Diaspora and Global Icon: On the Representation of “Italicity” in Global Media’, Italian Canadiana, vol. 17, 2003. 15-35.
Recent Conference Papers and Guest Lectures:
La piazza virtuale: i media e la comunitŕ italo-canadese. Italian Cultural Institute – Consulate General of Italy, Toronto, October 22, 2008.
Exploring ‘Italicity’ in a Canadian Setting, Frank Iacobucci Centre Lecture Series, Frank Iacobucci Centre, University of Toronto, 19 April, 2006.
Italian Literature in Canada in the Twenty-First Century, Canadian Society for Italian Studies Annual Conference, 75th Congress of the Humanities and Social Sciences, Toronto, York University, 27 May, 2006.
Italian ethnicity and media representation, Italian literature of migration to Canada, Canadian multiculturalism.