A warm welcome to all international degree seeking students from Laurier International's staff and student volunteers!
We welcome international students because of the diverse perspectives they bring to our institution. Laurier International provides programs to support and promote the success of international students at Laurier. It is our priority to ease the transition for you, an international student into Canada, the Kitchener-Waterloo Community and Laurier.
Laurier International is located in the Arts Building, beside the School of Business and Economics. Also in the location of Laurier's International Student Centre, you will find all the resources and assistance you need at Laurier International. The Centre operates on a drop-in basis where you are welcome to come in and make friends, study for your exams and find a range of newspapers and international magazines. You will also find Laurier International staff here ready to provide help and answer your questions.
There are two student groups which are located in the Laurier International office, the International Student Association, which is a campus club representing all students who identify themselves as international students and International Peer Mentors (IPM), who are student mentors who help incoming international students settle in at Laurier.
Laurier International now has an office and student lounge on the Brantford campus. The Global Engagement Centre provides a place to meet other international, exchange, and Canadian students. Students are encouraged to use the resource computers and the Laurier International staff to assist with any questions or concerns you may have about your stay in Canada.
Together, our staff and student volunteers have a wealth of information on diverse issues. If we do not have the answers you're looking for, we will direct you to someone who can answer your questions.
Laurier International provides the following services free of charge to all international students currently enrolled at Laurier:
- Pre-arrival information
- Assistance in arranging temporary and permanent accommodations
- Liaison with Citizenship and Immigration Canada, foreign embassies in Canada and in the US if necessary
- Support with renewal of study and work permits and visas
- Advocacy concerning international student issues
- Organization of social activities
- Support for all international clubs, societies and associations
- General advising in such areas as finances, health insurance, travel, immigration, personal problems, accommodations (both on and off campus) and cultural adaptation
For more information on becoming an international student please follow the respective link.