Dr. Yaser Kerachian
University-Industry Liaison Officer
Contact InformationEmail: email@example.com
Phone: 519.884.0710 ext.4639
Fax: 519-884-7670 (internal: x5096)
Office Location: Alumni Hall AH231
Office Hours: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- 2000 – 2006 Ph.D. in Physics, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
- 1999 – 2000 M.Sc. in Physics, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
- 1995 – 1999 B.Sc. in Physics, Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran
BiographyYaser Kerachian joined Wilfrid Laurier University as a C4 technology transfer officer in 2007. He graduated from the University of Toronto with a PhD in physics. His area of research was photonics, quantum optics and laser physics. After graduation, an Industrial Research Fellowship from the Institute of Optical Sciences at U of T gave him the opportunity to do an internship at Innovations at U of T (IUT). During his internship at IUT he assisted in the assessment of invention disclosures, conducted searches of patent databases and examined the commercial potential of inventions.
Yaser has also taken the Value-Added Personnel program, a business training program initiated by the Ontario Centres of Excellence.
- Assists in the establishment of partnerships between researchers and industry
- Works with faculty in Physics, Computer Science, Math, Business, Human Geography