Dr. Juliette Merritt
Contract Academic Staff
Contact InformationEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com
Phone: 519.884.0710 ext.4128 (Voice Mail)
Office Location: DAWB 2-127
Office Hours: Monday 10:30-11:30
- PhD McMaster University 1998
- MA McMaster University 1989
- BA University of Toronto
18th-century literature and visual culture, 18th-century feminist rhetoric, femininity and performance, literature and film, culture, sexuality, and evolutionary psychology, the novel
- Beyond Spectacle: Eliza Haywood's Female Spectators, U of T Press, 2004
- "Reforming the Coquette?: Eliza Haywood's Vision of Female Epistemology." Fair Philosopher: Eliza Haywood's Female Spectator. Eds. Don Newman and Lynn Wright, Bucknell University Press, 2006. pp 176-92.
- "Originals, Copies and the Iconography of Femininity." Uncommon Reflections: Emerging Discourses in the Spectator. Ed. Donald Newman, University of Delaware Press, 2005, pp 41-58.
- "Spying, Writing, Authority: Eliza Haywood's Bath Intrigues," Studies in Eighteenth-Centruy Culture, Volume XXX, (April: 2001): 183-199.
- "'That Devil Curiosity Which Too Much Haunts the Minds of Women': Eliza Haywood's Female Spectators," LUMEN: Selected Proceedings from the Canadian Society for Eighteenth-Century Studies. Vol. XVI (1997): 131-146.