Welcome to the Centre for Teaching Innovation and Excellence (CTIE). CTIE is comprised of a number distinct departments with interconnected and yet varying responsibilities. These departments include:
- Educational Development (EDEV) - committed to promoting a culture of teaching and learning, and providing development opportunities. Working with faculty, teaching assistants, administrators and others, ED staff profile and support innovation and excellence in teaching and learning at all levels of the University. Link
- Online Learning (OL) – involved with the development and delivery of online distance education course offerings and programs. Link
- Educational Technologies (EdTech) – providing support to faculty, students and staff concerning new and existing teaching and learning technologies. Link
- Continuing Studies (CS) – working with Laurier faculty to develop and offer not-for-degree-credit programs and course offerings that align with the expertise of Laurier’s faculties. Link
- Part-time Studies (PTS) – providing support to part-time, adult students completing programs at Laurier. Link
- Quality Assurance Office (QAO)- providing curriculum-oriented and administrative support for new program development, cyclical program review, and program modification. Link
- Community Service Learning (CSL) - providing meaningful community service with classroom instruction and critical reflection. Link
Our office is located at 202 Regina Street North, second floor, room R294.
The office also supports maintenance and renewal of Laurier's general purpose classrooms and Laurier's Active Learning Classrooms (ALCs). For more information about ALCs and the training that we offer, click here
. For more information about classroom maintenance and renewal, click here
And the winner of the Pat Rogers award goes to…
University Prep Courses: Deadline to Register
Werewolves and Medievalism in Harry Potter
Peace-keeping in the Central African Republic and DR Congo: Can International Intervention Prevent Genocide?
The Call of War: Canada Embraces a Total War
People at Laurier
In the fifth installment of 'People at Laurier,' an eight-part written series looking at innovative approaches to teaching in a variety of fields, Dr. Deena Mandell, Associate Professor in the Faculty of Social Work shares insight on preparing graduate students for a difficult and challenging career.