Dr. Ruth Knechtel
Research Facilitator (Humanities and Social Sciences)
Contact InformationEmail: email@example.com
Phone: 519.884.0710 ext.4747
Fax: 519-884-7670 (internal, x5096)
Office Location: Alumni Hall AH224
- B.A. Honours, English, Concordia University
- M.A., English, University of Waterloo
- Ph.D., English, York University
- Post-Doctoral Fellowship, Digital Humanities and New Media, University of Winnipeg
Dr. Ruth Knechtel joined Wilfrid Laurier University in 2013. After completing her Ph.D. in English (specializing in Victorian Literature and Cultural Studies), Ruth completed a Post-doctoral Fellowship in Digital Humanities and New Media through which she facilitated faculty research and worked to introduce the digital humanities more broadly at the University of Winnipeg.
Following her Post-Doctoral fellowship, Ruth joined the Canadian Writing and Research Collaboratory (CWRC) at the University of Alberta. In this role, she managed the development of CWRC’s digital repository and facilitated project partners’ research across Canada.
Ruth has also taught at York University, Ryerson University, University of Manitoba, and the University of Winnipeg. In addition, she is a Research Collaborator for The Yellow Nineties Online and sits on the Editorial Board for the Victorian Review.
- Assists faculty in the Humanities to find funding and opportunities for collaboration
- Assists faculty with developing and refining grant proposals