Knowledge Mobilization Officer
Contact InformationEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org | @LaurierResearch
Phone: 519-884-0710 ext.4942
Office Location: Alumni Hall AH226
Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30 - 4:30
- BASc, Simon Fraser University (Communications, Community Economic Development)
- MA, Simon Fraser University (Communications)
Shawna Reibling is currently a knowledge mobilization officer at Wilfrid Laurier University where her primary role is to assist faculty with crafting and implementing knowledge mobilization plans. She also works to translate research into accessible formats for the general public, and tweets as @LaurierResearch.
Since 2010 she has served as a broker for ResearchImpact, a pan-Canadian network of 12 universities committed to maximizing the impact of academic research for the social, economic, environmental and health benefits of Canadians. In the most recent Knowledge Mobilization Works survey, Shawna was rated one of the top three knowledge mobilization influencers in Canada. Her workshops are also offered as part of the 2014 CAGS/ETS Award for Excellence and Innovation in Enhancing the Graduate Student Experience ASPIRE program.
Shawna holds a Masters and Bachelor of Communications from Simon Fraser University.
Learn more about Research at Laurier
- Dissemination of faculty research to the broader public, through materials, events and social media
- Facilitating research partnerships between community members and university researchers
- Assisting faculty with knowledge mobilization strategies for grants and research programs
- Laurier knowledge mobilization representative to Research Impact
- Knowledge mobilization 101 (staff/faculty/graduate students)
- Building a digital identity (staff/faculty/graduate students)
- How to write a knowledge mobilization plan (faculty)
- Clear Language summaries (faculty/graduate students/undergraduate classes)
- How to create a digital identity for your conference
- special topics upon request
- Previous workshops on slideshare