Dr. Oleg Stukalov
University-Industry Liaison Officer
Contact InformationEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 519-884-0710 ext.3138
Fax: 519-884-7670 (internal: x5096)
Office Location: Alumni Hall AH231C
Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30-4:30
- Ph.D. in Applied Physics, National Academy of Sciences of Belarus
- Entrepreneurship course at MaRS Centre, Toronto
- Project management course at Queens University
- Strategic business planning course at the Xerox Centre for Entrepreneurship and Innovation at McMaster University
BiographyOleg received a Ph.D. in Applied Physics from the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus, working on a multidisciplinary project in the area of organic and polymer electronics which involved organic chemists, physicists, and electronics engineers. He was awarded a prestigious NATO Science Fellowship in 2003 and joined Professor John Dutcher's lab in the Department of Physics at the University of Guelph. During his five years at Guelph, Oleg's scientific interests shifted to biophysics and microbiology. A multidisciplinary research project between physicists and microbiologists resulted in the creation of a University of Guelph start-up company in 2008, where Oleg served as Chief Operating Officer until joining Wilfrid Laurier University. During this time, he learned all aspects of technology transfer in an academic setting, sitting on both sides of the table.
Besides a successful academic career with more than 20 peer reviewed publications, Oleg has previous entrepreneurial experience in founding, managing, and operating three small successful start-ups. Oleg further improved his entrepreneurial skills through completion of the Entrepreneurship course at MaRS Centre, a project management course at Queen's, and a strategic business planning course at the Xerox Centre for Entrepreneurship and Innovation at McMaster University.
- Assists in the establishment of partnerships between researchers and industry
- Works with faculty in Chemistry, Biology, Kinesiology, Psychology, Education, Environmental Geography