Languages and Literatures
Les plaisirs de la table 2006
The 3rd Salon de la gastronomie francophone held on Friday, October 27, 2006, was a great success.
A variety of francophone countries were represented:
• Switzerland with a delicious " fondue suisse "
• Louisiana with a delectable " jambalaya "
• New Orleans with the famous " hush puppies "
• Belgium with a very tasty " salade liégeoise " as well as "endives au gratin "
The class definitely showed that they have a sweet tooth! The dessert table was indeed attractive and very tempting, and the choice was amazing :
• For France, we had the silky " mousse au chocolat " also the " tartes aux pommes "
• Mauritius Island offered us a healthy " salade de fruits exotique "
• There was an "apple custard " full of flavour and, from Guyana, "Rochers Coco"
Thanks again for everyone who showed up during this busy time of year and, of course, a big thank you goes to the chefs as well as the helpers at the end who helped to clean up.
View all Languages and Literatures photo galleries