William L. Quinton
2012 Field Season - Aug./Sept.
Some photos from the August-September period trips to Scotty Creek. (click on the first image and continue clicking on "next image").
1. Jenn arrives (with cigars and brandy) to bring the campers back to civilisation.
2. Group photo of U. Guelph & Laurier groups before leaving the camp in early August.
3. A few weeks later - the next group en route to Scotty. Need a WLU placard!!
4. Goose Lake Camp. Nice, but where do we land the helicopter?
5. So we landed where we could and carried our supplies to the camp.
6. Okay, down to business. John sampling for heavy metals.
7. Ryan and John with high school co-op student Julia.
8. Julia trying to get Wi-Fi. Sorry Julia, Scotty is off the grid!!
9. Michael Braverman captured the northern lights (while the rest of us slept).
10. And when he is not taking beautiful photos, he braves the elements at the seismic lines.
11. And after the rain, perfecting the dock (again)!
12. A group photo before leaving (L to R: Ryan, Michael, Stacey, Julia, Bill, John).
13. John and Ryan waiting at the departure lounge.
14. And finally, a sunset over Goose Lake taken by Michael (the Scotty Photographer!).
15. The last trip of the year led by Oliver (U. Montreal) had one objective: Build A Tower!!
16. Collin (pilot) carefully lifted the tower and held in place while...
17. ...while Wayne and Ivan secured the base and tightened the guy lines.
18. Ivan "The Brave" puts the finishing touches on the tower.
19. Objective complete! (Well done Ivan, Oliver, Wayne & Collin). Next year: instruments!
View all William L. Quinton photo galleries