William L. Quinton
2012 Field Season - May/June
Some photos from the May-June trip to Scotty Creek. (click on the first image and continue clicking on "next image").
2. Loading summer provisions in Yellowknife
3. On the road to Scotty. Bison between Yellowknife and Fort Providence, NWT.
4. Ice on the banks of the Mackenzie River at Fort Providence.
5. One day we won't need to take this ferry anymore.
7. Getting sling loads ready for the helicopter
9. Don't forget the peaches!
10. First load arriving at Scotty.
11. Here comes the canoe! Oh no... (no worries - it sprung back into shape).
12. Assessing the damage from the recent ice/snow storm.
13. Flagging was placed on trees last fall to mark our campsite location.
14. No camping on this site!
15. Found a new site nearby and got down to building tent floors.
17. Ryan reads the instructions. Good idea!
18. Okay, we figured it out.
20. Starting to look like a tent!
21. And a few hours later.
24. Now to build a walk-way to the lake.
25. John and Ryan putting the finishing touches on the dock.
26. Meanwhile at the other camp (~1 km to the north), things are pretty quiet.
27. Camp is installed. Now down to the science. Rajit installing sap-flow sensors.
29. A frustrating moment with the DGPS. Careful. She has her black-belt!
30. John in very deep thought.
31. Departure lounge at the new camp. The lucky ones get to stay until August!
View all William L. Quinton photo galleries