Centre for Student Success
Online Research Supplemental Instruction ("S.I.") Modules
What It Is
- Learning modules designed to instruct students on specific researching and learning strategies solutions using the major written assignment as the framework for application of strategies.
- These modules can be imported into the myLearningSpace platform.
- Embedded modules can be included as a curricular component and have grades associate with them.
- Each module includes an instructional component, an activity, a grading rubric, and additional resources.
- More information, including a list of modules and learning outcomes: online_SI_handout.pdf
- Faculty choose five research strategies they want their students to learn and apply to their major written assignment.
- Faculty provides a copy of the course syllabus.
- Faculty select the grading scheme for the modules.
- A learning specialist or librarian will work with the faculty to import the modules into the myLearningSpace platform and provide the faculty member with the relevant training.
- More information about the program assessment methodology and results: IELC Online Research S.I..pdf
- Complete this online form and:
- Select five research strategies you want to focus on
- Indicate the grading scheme
- Attach the course syllabus
- After the form is submitted a learning specialist, with the Study Skills & Supplemental Instruction Centre, or a librarian will follow-up with you.
If you have any questions please contact:
Manager: Study Skills & Supplemental Instruction Centre
updated July 11/14