Teaching Support Services
Course (Re)Design Institute - May 1-3 & 6, 2013
Date: May 1/13 - May 6/13
Time: 9:00 - 16:00
Location: Active Learning Classroom (DAWB 3-106)
Cost: $30 (resource materials/refreshments)
Whether you are looking to create a new course, completely renovate an existing one, or slowly remodel key lessons or core curriculum over time based on a blended learning model, this Institute is for you. Even if you just want to learn the basics of good course design, but are not yet ready to move to a blended approach, the investment of your time over the four-day program will be well worth the effort.
- Facilitate application of a set of course design tools both practical and conceptual in form
- promote a learner/ing-focused approach to course design and teaching
- engage participants in scholarly and reflective teaching and learning practice
- provide a forum to network and share ideas, challenges, strategies, and questions about teaching, learning and design with other faculty
- learn from others who have already embraced a blended approach in their teaching and course design
Laurier faculty, librarians, and instructional staff who are:
- actively charged with developing new courses or programs in keeping with larger curricular initiatives
- committed to and interested in redeveloping an existing course (especially with a blended learning focus), either a complete retrofit or minor remodeling
- planning on introducing a new course in the coming academic year
- returning to introduce or teach their new or remodeled course in the coming academic year
- a hands-on intensive learning experience that will take you away from your office for four days and engage you in a design process (with a blended focus) that is transferable to all courses
- an opportunity to engage in scholarly and reflective practice on teaching and learning
- an opportunity to share your ideas, challenges, strategies, and questions with others
- the development of a course framework and skeletal syllabus that clearly names and aligns student/course outcomes, assessments, learning activities, content and instructional strategies
- follow-up consultation and support (e.g., MyLS, rubric design, etc.)
- a resource binder of teaching, learning, and course design materials
- a certificate of completion signed by the Associate Vice President: Teaching and Learning
Comments and Questions?
Please contact Jeanette McDonald, Manager of Educational Development, at 519-884-0710 ext. 3211 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or Mary Neil, Educational Development Program and Events Coordinator at 519-884-0710 ext. 3507 or email@example.com.
To register, please click on the link below to complete the form.
Contact: Tara Herriot
Phone: 519.884.0710 ext.3507
|2013||2013 Four Day CRDI Registration Form||Document|
View all Teaching Support Services events