Office of Research Services
Date: Jul 11/12
Time: 14:00 - 15:30
Location: P1017 (Waterloo) and RCW324 (Brantford)
All Laurier faculty members/postdocs who are eligible to apply for SSHRC funding are invited to attend a SSHRC workshop on Insight and Insight Development Grants on Wednesday, July 11, from 2 - 3:30. The workshop will be held simultaneously in Brantford and Waterloo through videoconferencing.
Waterloo: Peters Building, room P1017
Brantford: RCW 324
The workshop will be led by Barry Ries, Research Facilitator (Social Sciences and Humanities) in the Office of Research Services, with the valuable assistance of Dr. Judith Fletcher, a two-time successful SSHRC applicant and former member of a SSHRC review committee.
Items to be discussed:
- Overview of SSHRC stats for Laurier and beyond.
- The new Common CV and other changes to the application process.
- The difference between an Insight Grant and an Insight Development Grant.
- SSHRC and health research.
- How a SSHRC review committee evaluates applications.
- What makes a strong grant application, including a walk through a real (and successful) application.
- What the Office of Research Services offers in terms of assistance for your application.
- Answers to your questions!
Please RSVP to Barry Ries so that pre-meeting material can be sent to you.
We look forward to seeing you!
Contact: Barry Ries
Phone: 519.884.0710 extension 3479
View all WLU events