International Student Fees
Actual fee structure for international students is outlined in the
appropriate section of the calendar. International fees will apply to
students who do not fall into one of the following categories:
- A citizen of Canada within the meaning of the Citizenship Act or a person registered as an Indian within the meaning of the Indian Act.
- A permanent resident within the meaning of the Immigration Act, 1976: a person who has been granted permanent resident status; or a person who has met "all the
preliminary requirements" for permanent residency status, and presents
a letter from the Citizenship and Immigration Canada confirming this.
- A person who is the dependent of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada.
- A person who has been admitted to, and
remains in, Canada as an officially recognized Convention refugee
within the meaning of the Immigration Act, 1976;
or, is a refugee claimant who applied to the federal government for
Convention refugee status prior to January 1, 1989, and can provide
documentation from Citizenship and Immigration Canada to that effect.
- A visitor who is admitted to and remaining in Canada under clause 19(c) of the Immigration Act, 1976, for the purpose of employment (a visitor who is a graduate teaching or research assistant is excluded from this category).
- A visitor who is admitted to and remaining in Canada under clause 10(c) of the Immigration Act, 1976,
with official accreditation from the Canadian government, who has
entered Canada, or is in Canada, to carry out official duties as a
diplomatic or consular officer; or as a Canadian government-accredited
representative or official of a country other than Canada, of the
United Nations or any of its agencies, of any intergovernmental
organizations of which Canada is a member; or as a dependent or a
member of the staff of any such diplomat, consular officer,
representative or official accredited to Canada by the Canadian
government; or a member of a foreign military force or of a civilian
component thereof admitted to Canada under the Visiting Forces Act or
any dependents of such personnel.
- A person who is a participant in the
Ontario-Jiangsu Academic Exchange Agreement between the Ontario
Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities and the Higher
Education Bureau of Jiangsu Province, China.
Academic & Related Dates 2010/2011