- The Student Health and Dental Plans are
administered by the Student Union and are mandatory for all full-time
and part-time undergraduate students enrolled in the fall term on
campus, including co-op students on work term. An opt-out option is
available to students who file the required form with proof of
alternate coverage no later than the end of the second week of fall
term. Further information is available by contacting the Health Plan
Co-ordinator at Extension 3557 or www.wlusu.com
- PRISM: In 1990, full-time students in the School of Business
& Economics approved a per term voluntary student contribution
designed to increase the computer facilities for students in the School
of Business & Economics. Accounts will be adjusted for students who
do not wish to contribute and who file for an adjustment through the
PRISM Help Desk, (room P1030, Peter's Building) BY THE END OF THE SECOND WEEK OF THE APPLICABLE TERM. THIS DEADLINE IS STRICTLY ADHERED TO.
Additional registration fees are charged to those students who do not
complete their registration by the date indicated (refer to Academic Dates chapter).
- Audit course tuition fees are usually half the
regular course fee with a few exceptions which may be charged the full
course fee. Fees are not refundable.
Charges will be applied for all cheques returned to the university by the bank.
- Music Accompaniment Fees are charged per-course on a term basis.
The amount charged is based on the type of accompaniment and the number
of hours required for the course. Contact the Faculty of Music for
further information regarding these fees.
- WLUSU Faculty Based Clubs & Associations Fee will provide funding for faculty
based club activities and programming. Fee revenue is assessed and
distributed within undergraduate faculties (Arts, Science, SBE, Music,
Education) to ensure that Laurier students have access to resources
that will support student learning. The Faculty Based Clubs &
Associations fee was established by student referendum in 2007/08.
- The Comprehensive Student Services Fee is charged to full-time
and part-time students at the rate of $29.56 per 0.5 credit, per term to a
maximum of $147.80 for full-time students. This fee is part of a unique
agreement, where students contribute 50 percent of the cost of Student
Services on campus and in turn, receive 50 percent control in voting on
items relating to it. The services covered by this fee
include: the Office of the Dean of Students, Student Awards, Health,
Counselling and Career Services, Athletics and Recreation (including a
contribution to the major capital improvement to the Athletic Centre),
International Student Advisor, students in Accessible Learning,
Chaplains, Learning Services and off-campus Housing. Housing, Food and
services are included in the agreement; however, the fee does not
support these areas.
- UHIP is provided through the universities to all foreign
students and their dependents. It is compulsory for all eligible
participants and their dependents unless they have an approved waiver.
UHIP is designed to pay the cost of the hospital and medical services,
which may be needed and provides coverage comparable to that of OHIP.
Details on eligibility are available in the UHIP brochure. If the
student has not been billed for UHIP, notify the Business Office. If
the student has been billed for UHIP, it is necessary to complete the
required application form at the Business Office. Failure to comply
with UHIP regulations could result in deregistration.
- Copyright Agreement fee is charged to full- and part-time
students at the rate of $0.33 per 0.5 credit, per term. This fee is the
result of an agreement between Wilfrid Laurier University and the
Canadian Reprography Collective to grant Laurier the right to reproduce
copyright works for the purpose of education, research and higher
- Broadcast Technology Access Fee Contact the Laurier Brantford Campus for details.
- Laurier Students' Public Interest Research Group (LSPIRG) In February 2006, students at Laurier passed a referendum to create
a fully functional Public Interest Research Group (PIRG). Academic
opportunities, community engagement and an informed student body are
all goals of the Laurier Students' Public Interest Research Group
(LSPIRG). This student-led corporation seeks to engage students in the
provision of resources, community collaboration, research and
education. All students (both full-time and part-time at Waterloo
Campus only) will be charged an LSPIRG fee of $4.75 per term. Student's
who wish to opt-out of this fee, can do so online via the Business Office website, within the first two weeks of each term.
- Laurier Brantford Leadership Fee
was established in 2007. It provides a fund that is jointly
administered by faculty and students in the Leadership program. It
supports a range of activities designed to augment and promote
opportunities for Leadership students.
- Missed Accomodated Exam Fine
is charged to students who arrange an accomodated exam but who fail to
attend to write the exam and do not notify the Accessible Learning
Centre at least 48 hours before the arranged exam time.
- Pool Improvement Fee (Waterloo Campus Only) is to finance critical repairs to the pool. This fee will commence in September 2009 for a duration of five years.
- Sustainability Fee is charged to fund the creation and operation of a Wilfrid Laurier University Ecological Sustainability Office.
- Food Services Facility Fee (Brantford Campus Only) is charged to fund the development of a Food Services Facility at Brantford Campus.
Academic & Related Dates 2009/2010