Admission into the Faculty of Education is competitive and while applicants may meet the minimum requirements, admission is not guaranteed to the program.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Successful completion of an acceptable undergraduate degree from an accredited university by August 31, 2007.
- A minimum academic average of 70% (B-) on the last 10 full-year university courses (or 20 one-semester courses).
- Applicants who have completed four-year honours degrees will be given preference.
- Successful completion of 10 full-year undergraduate courses (or 20 one-semester courses) is required at the time of application.
- Only those courses completed with final grades assigned by December 1 2006 will be calculated into the admissions average.
- Transfer credits from college will not be considered.
- A final average of 70% (B-) on the last 10 full-year university courses (or 20 one-semester courses) will be required in order to keep your offer of admission to the university.
- Students should be able to demonstrate competence in the core areas of English, mathematics and science. Competency in French would be an asset.
- Language requirements: All students applying for admission whose first language is not English, or who have not studied full-time for at least three years in an accredited university where the language of instruction and of examinations was English, must achieve the required level of proficiency and provide an official statement of results for one of the following tests:
- TOEFL - 580 (PBT), 237 (CBT), 88 IBT (21 speaking, 21 writing).
- CAEL - 70 (with no part below 60)
- MELAB – 85
- IELTS - 7
Academic & Related Dates 2007/2008