Step-by-Step Application Procedures
If you are a new student and have never taken a course at Laurier, your first step is to apply for admission by following the instructions below. It is especially important for you to note the Application for Admission deadline dates identified in this calendar. We encourage you to forward all the necessary forms and documentation well in advance of the stated deadlines.
- Complete the Application for Admission and return it with the required non-refundable fee of $45.00 payable to: The Ontario Universities' Application Centre, 170 Research Lane, Guelph, Ontario N1G 5E2. If you have applied to Laurier within the past year or if you were previously registered at this university, it may not be necessary for you to complete this application form. Contact the Admissions Office at (519) 884-0710 ext. 6887 for more information.
- Make arrangements for official transcripts of your academic records to be forwarded
directly to the Admissions Office at
Laurier. The Ontario government requires all universities to
have official educational documents on file for each student. Depending
on the applicant's background, the following documents include:
- a high-school transcript
- a university transcript
- a transcript from a college of applied arts and technology (CAAT)
- transcripts from any other post-secondary institution you may have attended. For these documents to be considered official, you must ask your high school or previous college or university to forward the appropriate documents directly to the Admissions Office. If you are having difficulty making arrangements, contact the Admissions Office to discuss alternatives.
- Once your Application for Admission has been processed and if you are eligible for admission to Laurier, you will receive a Part-Time Studies Student Handbook with your Offer of Admission package that includes instructions for registering online using Laurier's Online Registration Information System (LORIS).
Students Studying on a Letter of Permission
If you are studying at another university and would like to take Laurier courses for credit at your home institution, you will require a Letter of Permission from your home institution and you must complete the Application for Admission
and return it with the required non-refundable fee of $45.00 payable
to: The Ontario Universities' Application Centre, 170 Research Lane,
Guelph, Ontario N1G 5E2. Your program
code would be UZ. You must have evidence of completion of pre-requisite
requirements, if applicable, make arrangements for your transcripts to
be forwarded directly to the Admissions Office at Wilfrid Laurier
University. Please check the course descriptions for pre-requisite
requirements. Complete and submit the Intent to Register form to the
Office of the Registrar (as well as the Distance Education Form, if
appropriate). For more information, please contact the Admissions
Office at (519) 884-0710 ext. 6887.
If you are an Adult student, refer to the section on Adult Students.