Honours Economics with Management Option
The program consists of 20 credits of which at least 9.0 are in Economics and at least 5.0 credits are in Business. A minimum of 3.0 credits must be economics electives including at least 0.5 at the 300 or 400 levels.
Required courses: EC120, EC140, EC270, EC285, EC290, EC295, EC355, EC370, EC381, EC390, EC481; and EC450 or EC470; MA129 or MA103 or MA110*, MA122; BU111, BU121, BU227, BU288, BU352, BU383 (or BU223), and any four of: BU231, BU247, BU354, BU362, BU385, BU393, BU395 or BU398.
Students in this program may not count EC120 or EC140 towards the 5.0 credits required in the Management Option.
- Application to the Management Option is normally done at the end of Year 2. To be eligible for admission, a student must have a minimum GPA of 6.00 in BU111 and BU121 and hold credit for EC285.
- Normally students will take BU383 in Year 3, instead of BU223 since they will complete EC285 (EC235) in Year 2.
BU385 has a prerequisite of EC275.
- Progression to Year 2 requires a GPA of 6.00 in EC120 and EC140, and an overall GPA of 5.00. For progression to Year 3 and Year 4 a cumulative GPA of 7.00 is required in economics courses and a cumulative overall GPA of 6.00.
- Any 300-level Management Option course may not be taken prior to Year 3.
- Graduation from the program requires a cumulative GPA of 7.00 in Economics courses, a cumulative overall GPA of 6.00, and a cumulative GPA of 7.00 in BU courses specific to the Management Option with a maximum of 2 repeats in the Management Option courses.
- At least 4.0 of the 5.0 credits in the Management Option must be completed at Wilfrid Laurier.
| Honours BA Economics and Management Option
|2.5 elective credits (2.0 if MA110* is taken).
MA141 may not count for credit towards any Honours BA
|Progression into Year 2 requires a GPA of
6.00 in EC120 and EC140, and an overall
GPA of 5.00.
One of: BU231 or BU247
||1.0 EC elective credit
||Progression into Year 3 requires a cumulative GPA of 7.00 in Economics
courses, a GPA of 6.00 in Business courses,
and an overall GPA of 6.00.
1.0 elective credit
|Progression into Year 4
requires a cumulative GPA of 7.00 in Economics
courses and an
overall GPA of 6.00.
EC450 or EC470;
Any three of:
BU354, BU362, BU385,
or BU247 if not taken in
|| 1.0 EC
elective credit with at least one at
the 300 or 400 level
|Graduation requires a cumulative GPA of
Economics courses and a cumulative GPA of at least 7.00 in the
courses specific to the Management Option and an overall
Senate Revision May 25, 2011: New note #6; effective September 1, 2011
Academic & Related Dates 2011/2012