Honours Business Administration (With Minor)
Students may choose to select their elective courses in such a way as to meet the requirements for a minor in an area other than Business. Additional courses may be necessary to fulfill these requirements as well as those of the BBA program. The following regulations will apply:
- All common regulations and specific course requirements for the minor listed in the appropriate section of the Faculty of Arts,
Faculty of Music, Faculty of Science, School of Business & Economics - Economics Department and/or Brantford Campus chapter must be fulfilled.
- A student may receive designation for only one minor.
- A BBA student may not count EC255 or BU275 toward the Economics minor.
- 1.0 credit (or equivalent) may be counted towards the minor requirements if taken on a Letter of Permission basis, or as a cross-registered student at the University of Waterloo.
- Mathematics Minor: the Faculty of Science will permit students who have
completed two years of study in the BBA/BMath double degree program, but
who subsequently decide to drop their affiliation with University of
Waterloo, to obtain a mathematics minor with the BBA degree if they
complete a minimum of 1.0 senior mathematics credits on the WLU campus. Students must still have completed the required courses, or
their equivalents, in such a way that 3.5 credits constitute the minor.
- A minor consists of a minimum of 3.0 credits and allows a student to complete a secondary area of concentration in a subject (e.g., sociology, women's studies, philosophy) different from their honours discipline.
- The minimum requirement for the minor consists of 3.0 credits, no fewer than 2.0 of which shall be senior
credits and no fewer than 2.0 of which shall be obtained at Wilfrid
Laurier University. Students may not hold a minor in a subject in which
they have an honours field of specialization or option.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 4.5 is required on all courses of the minor subject(s).
- A minor is not available to students in the General BA, General CT or General BSc program without designation.
Academic & Related Dates 2011/2012